Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to pull the trigger and buy a Model S. Help me understand the pricing though please.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my order in for a Black/Black LR with 21 inch wheels. Now comes the wait. THANK YOU for the input gang. Now to get the Hellcat ready for sale. Looking forward to the new ride!
Solid! I’ll likely trade my Performance for the new Long Range. I just want to drive it first as I love the “violence” from my Performance model. I want to make sure the long range packs as hard/violent of a punch. I suspect it doesn’t.

Solid! I’ll likely trade my Performance for the new Long Range. I just want to drive it first as I love the “violence” from my Performance model. I want to make sure the long range packs as hard/violent of a punch. I suspect it doesn’t.
Yes the one thing the performance models have is the neck snapping acceleration from 0, while no performance models kind of ramp up the power as the speed increases. Closer to how an ICE vehicle delivers its power

Thanks for clarifying...I think I was mixing it up in my head with the free lifetime supercharging. Which for most models does not stay with the car.
Geez, stop being so helpful. You are accidentally wiping out possible used car sales with each erroneous post. At least this time you said “most,” though “some” would be much more accurate. I have a 12/2016 S with life of the car transferable Supercharging (and life of the car transferable FSD). Cars older than mine all have the same Supercharging feature and that feature continued for some time after my purchase.

The only warning I would give people re “life of the car” features is that used cars bought from Tesla may or may not have features altered. Make sure a used car bought from Tesla has every feature you desire in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: serendipitous
Geez, stop being so helpful. You are accidentally wiping out possible used car sales with each erroneous post. At least this time you said “most,” though “some” would be much more accurate. I have a 12/2016 S with life of the car transferable Supercharging (and life of the car transferable FSD). Cars older than mine all have the same Supercharging feature and that feature continued for some time after my purchase.

The only warning I would give people re “life of the car” features is that used cars bought from Tesla may or may not have features altered. Make sure a used car bought from Tesla has every feature you desire in place.

Wow. I readily admitted in my original post that I was unsure if it was true and was looking for confirmation. Someone corrected me and I willfully accepted that I was in error.

And I intentionally used the word "most" in my follow-up knowing that earlier models with lifetime supercharging did follow the car vs. the owner (like my 2017 model).

Lighten up dude, we are all trying to help. Anyone who bases a $100k car purchase based on what random people on the internet said without doing their own research is taking a pretty high risk and placing a lot of trust in an otherwise untrustworthy place.

"Violence" is a great way to describe the acceleration of the P models.
Get the new LR, I have a 2021 LR+ and previous to that a 2014 P85. The performance cars dont bring much to the table other than straight speed. They don't have any handling benefits, or looks benefits either. A LR will easily go quick 0-60 than a hellcat, plus you will be getting the updated interior and exterior. Also those performance models need to be preheated and need a well prepped surface with good tires to see those 2.3s 0-60, otherwise youll be getting closer to a 2.8. At that point a LR is almost as fast.
Some of the older cars had + suspension which did provide handling benefits. (Unfortunately, this was discontinued around April 2015 builds of the P85D.)
My car's "Additional Vehicle Information" screen incorrectly states I have the Plus suspension but with a July 2015 build, it can't be correct.

"Violence" is a great way to describe the acceleration of the P models.

Some of the older cars had + suspension which did provide handling benefits. (Unfortunately, this was discontinued around April 2015 builds of the P85D.)
My car's "Additional Vehicle Information" screen incorrectly states I have the Plus suspension but with a July 2015 build, it can't be correct.
Yes they did have the + suspension but I believe after the intro of the p85d all models used that suspension. Including the p85 models, so yours may actually have the + suspension already.

3.1 seconds 0 to 60 never gets old.

The S Long Range is basically a stealth car. My wife’s Model 3 Stealth Performance has track mode, 3.1 to 60 and no bling. When she floors it at a green light, there’s no noise, no squealing tires. By the time the other car is mid-intersection, the Tesla is cruising at speed limit +5 and well down the street.

other cars may have higher published 0-60, but thats assuming a perfect launch, perfect traction, etc.

90% of time on the street? The drivers of those cars blow it. And Tesla's seem almost flawless in their traction controls ability to consistently get the power to the ground effectively.

Reactions: SilverGS