Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to ship HPWC? No response from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if I missed something, but what is the deal with ordering a HPWC? Ordered on the 15th, along with an adapter for a 10-30 for use at our lakehouse. Received shipment notification for the adapter on the 16th, the HPWC on the 17th. Got the adapter I think on Wednesday. Tracking said the HPWC should have been delivered by end of day Thursday. No HPWC. Recheck the e-mail. Yep, said it was shipped on the 17th. Check tracking. Still saying by end of dasy Thursday. Next day, the tracking info tells me that the label was created, and that delivery info is pending. E-mail Tesla. Automated response. Ask my rep during a different exchange, she confirms I sent the inquiry to the correct place. Still no reponse. So last night I replied to the shipment notification, get teh same automated response.

Browse the for sale section. Find one for sale and the seller indicates that it takes along time for Tesla to ship out these things. Uh-oh. My car should be here in the next few days, and I don't have a way to charge it. Anyone know what gives with this? How long are we talking, weeks? I need to know what I need to do, and if it is worth installing a 10-30 in one of teh unused circuits in my garage sub panel.

If you are talking adapter, the I hope that you are actually talking about a UMC, since the HPWC can't use them.

Of you have just the adapter, you should be good to use with the UMC that comes with the car.

There's a great Supercharger in Knoxville and you should also be able to charge on a standard 120V 15A plug.

Looks like you may have gotten caught by Memorial Day.

I am talking the wall charger. I'd like to charge at home, and drive over 100 miles a day so the supercharger will be a real inconvenience. I also am only home at night for about 8 hours, so 110V might not give me 100 miles of range in that timeframe.

Adapter is for a lakehouse we have in Friendsville that already has a NEMA 10-30 receptical. I've rewired my garage and have provisions for a wall charger. Lakehouse won't be as frequent there so I won't need the rate that the wall charger can provide.

I ordered the wall charger for the Knoxville home almost 2 weeks before Memorial day. And liken I said, I received the adapter already, so I dont see the holiday as the obstacle.

I'm really just trying to ask if I should be expecting a long delay. Sorry that was not clear in my original post.

Last edited:
Its really hard to figure out shipping with tesla. You eventually get the things you order, but there is no telling when (no good tracking, etc). Unfortunately your experience is fairly normal with ordering parts from them.

Since you already have a tracking number its likely that it IS shipped or is about to be shipped (its a pretty big box actually, long retangular box)... or at least thats what both the black one I ordered, and the referral award one were in.

If you have the tracking number you can try tracking it down with the carrier who it is shipped with. Probably be much faster than trying to get tesla to respond to you.

I should add, check for destination chargers in your area. There’s a hotel a couple miles from me with a Tesla charger that’s free to use and they don’t care whether you’re staying there. We’ve left the car there a few times while doing other things to get a boost over 120v charging (electrician still isn’t coming to install the HPWC for another week). Granted, it’s not great compared to charging at home, but it beats taking the minivan. :)

Ordered silver HPWC 5/13, shipment notice 5/17, arrived in PA 5/24.

WTF!? I'm in the eastern time zone, too. Ordered it very close to yours (15th). Mine was indeed a Silver one. Got ship notice on 5/17, too.......but mine did not ship!!!!! FedEx still shows "Shipping label created" with a time stamp of 5:47AM on 5/17. That is ALL that has been done.

By the way, I'm about 2 miles from the local supercharger. I don't mind using it for a few days. But if this &^*%ing wall charger takes weeks to ship, I'm going to have to do somehting different.

Try giving your local service centers a call. I hear they sometimes have HPWCs in stock. If you can purchase one locally you can just cancel the other order.

Given how "inefficient" tesla is at online orders / shipping (not maleficent, just inept), even if OP cancels the order, it will likely ship, and then the OP will need to deal with getting a refund. That would all "eventually" work out, but it would be a big hassle I am virtually certain.

If the OP doesnt mind doing that, going the Service Center purchase route might work if they have one in stock, which many times they do I have read.

Ordered two weeks ago. After emailing them I got this response - "Please be advised, due to updates currently being implemented to our distribution network, order processing may be subject to delay. Orders may take 2-3 weeks to ship. Once your order has been processed you'll receive an email confirmation. Thank you in advance for your patience as we work to make enhancements to our order experience. Feel free to reach us with any further questions or concerns."

I have an extra HPWC, black one with Elon's signature, brand new unopened box, up for grabs. I'd let it go for the standard Tesla price, but you'd need to pay for shipping which could be expensive. Hit me up by private message if anyone is interested.