Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint Shop in Orange County?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my car to OC tint shop...they said they will do all glass (except windshield) for $550. Will post pics tomorrow...did 3M color stable

Out of curiosity, while you've noted the windshield wasn't done, did they offer a quote if you did want it done in the future? I've become a convert due to the glare reduction, but it tends to be one of those things you want to do just once, iykwim. Danke.

Out of curiosity, while you've noted the windshield wasn't done, did they offer a quote if you did want it done in the future? I've become a convert due to the glare reduction, but it tends to be one of those things you want to do just once, iykwim. Danke.

I never had the windshield tinted before on any of my cars so I didn't opt for it on the 3. I got the car back..looks good so far but can't really see it in the dark. Will post some pics in the morning.

Extreme Autowerks does homes. Ask for Bing, and do ask about their C-Bond products which work for home as well as the car to provide additional security.

Lemme see if I can find the YouTube video of when Extreme tinted their shop front door and then gave employees and customers baseball bats to try to get through it... aha - here it is.

Would the 8 mil LLumar Security Film demonstrated in the video prevent thieves from breaking & entering our Teslas via the small rear side window? What is the film's "Anchoring System" mentioned in the title?

We are starting to get our first Model 3s...rear window shouldn't be a problem in one piece. Please let me know if anyone here is interested. We specialize in Huper Optik and Suntek Ceramic IR. Many great films out there, we've seen/used most...so I'd be happy to guide which is the right film for YOU

Had my Model 3 done this pst weekend by Elite Tint. It looks amazing. LLumar 35% ceramic tint on all 4 side windows and a single piece for th back windshield.

Toby from Elite Tint had to buy a new huge roll of film specifically so he can do the Model 3. He does great work.

Hard to do that back window. He raised his price slightly since it’s so labor intensive

Reactions: tracksyde
Here is a video of the tint:

3M Color Stable

35% - Front Driver/Passenger
20% - Rear Glass
5% - Sunroof

It looks real nice, thanks for the video. A couple of questions I have:
1. The rear windshield - is the tint only up to a certain point? It seems that the actual rear windshield is factory and you didn't tint it. So when you say the rear glass, it's only the portion that is over the rear passenger and not the actual rear windshield? Could you have done one piece on the rear so that it covers the back windshield and goes all the way to the trunk?
2. The sunroof is at 5%, almost limo tint dark. I am just wondering if that's too dark and defeats the whole purpose of having the panoramic roof. I was personally thinking that I would leave it alone or put a light film, say 35%, which would still allow a lot of light in. Basically to maintain that great view.

Thanks

It looks real nice, thanks for the video. A couple of questions I have:
1. The rear windshield - is the tint only up to a certain point? It seems that the actual rear windshield is factory and you didn't tint it. So when you say the rear glass, it's only the portion that is over the rear passenger and not the actual rear windshield? Could you have done one piece on the rear so that it covers the back windshield and goes all the way to the trunk?
2. The sunroof is at 5%, almost limo tint dark. I am just wondering if that's too dark and defeats the whole purpose of having the panoramic roof. I was personally thinking that I would leave it alone or put a light film, say 35%, which would still allow a lot of light in. Basically to maintain that great view.

Thanks

1) It is one piece...so from the back of the windshield all the way to the trunk.

2) I was going to put a sunshade there...not really a fan of the glass roof

It might be a schlep, but I'd 100% call sunshield glass tinting in Van Nuys to get some quotes from Hameed. I've been going to them for years, and tried calling elsewhere on my last car because I thought I'd shop around. Sunshield destroyed the other prices by a pretty significant margin. Going to take my M3 there on Saturday (you can tell him Steve with the Model 3 coming in this weekend referred you). Good luck!

Hi Steve,

Curious how your tint came out at Sunshield? I used them for my last car and they were great, but it didn't have the huge rear window. Wanted to see your feedback before I schlep all the way over there.

Thanks!

Hi Steve,

Curious how your tint came out at Sunshield? I used them for my last car and they were great, but it didn't have the huge rear window. Wanted to see your feedback before I schlep all the way over there.

Thanks!
Hey! It's been a while, so I don't entirely remember. I think it was around $700 for all windows, including the windshield + roof with the more expensive ceramic tint. I would call as they will give you the quote over the phone. Mine was the second card they did. so I"m sure they have a better idea of what to expect these days :). Good luck.

Just got my tint installed yesterday by The Tint Pros at the Huntington Beach location (they also have a Newport Beach location). They are certified Llumar Formula One installers. I went with their Stratos line which is a double layer ceramic film for excellent heat rejection and I prefer dark, black tint.

Sides: 15%
Back: 15% in one piece
Windshield and sunroof: 70%

They have other percentages also for those that want lighter tint.

C7A34794-B824-43FF-944C-D3C7F2B92C87.jpeg 87A9C6E1-0ACA-49A2-8E6C-BFA8A262454C.jpeg 6D1D740D-27E2-43E2-9BFA-12E679358BA3.jpeg

@RedDragon Hey, I'm looking to get my windows tinted and talked to the Elite guys. They did raise their prices to $420. More importantly, how happy are you with the tint job? Does it still look good? Did you have any problems after and/or need to have it redone? I saw their Yelp page and there were a few negatives on there. Thanks.

I have gone to a new shop in Costa Mesa a couple times for different tinting and wrapping needs. Look them up on yelp (5 stars) and tell them Derrick sent you, you'll get a discount. I got a great deal for a complete tint (the WHOLE back window) under $600.00

OC Tint solutions
1647 Placentia Ave
Unit C
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Ph 949-502-1978

- Derrick