Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Purchasing (Nationwide Shortage)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack (235/45R-18) have been recommended here because they are so quiet.

When I tried to get them at Costco (and at Les Schwab) I was told that they are backordered. I looked at Tirerack.com, and was told in a chat that "You need an Extra load rated tire for that vehicle and those are just a standard load."

The rep also said, "
But you can go with a slightly larger 245/45 https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Turanza QuietTrack&partnum=445VR8TQT&tab=Survey Larger tire so more load capacity. Those would be fine"

How does that work? The larger tires would fit on my wheels??

Thanks for the help,

Al

A 245, in general, is only 1.5% larger in diameter than a 235. However, if you can get the tire specs, you can compare more closely. Below are the 235 and the 245 listed. Just comparing revolutions/mile, the difference is only 1.2%. Looking at the Michelin OEMs, they have a spec of 790revs/mile, so the diff to the 245s is only 1%. The tread width is wider, so I wonder how much of a range hit they'll make.
by default 2021-07-16 at 5.40.28 PM.jpg
by default 2021-07-16 at 5.47.28 PM.jpg