Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire rotation on a Y Performance ? How is that possible with different sizes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 091FE631-BB45-4800-8FC2-3D681E593E32.jpeg
    091FE631-BB45-4800-8FC2-3D681E593E32.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 76
Side to side if they are non directional. That's all you can do, tons of staggered cars out there.
My other car with a staggered setup, has an aggressive camber from the factory. Discount Tire dismounted the tires, flipped them, then remounted them. Granted you can only do that with some tires. Some tires you can't flip, because there is an explicit interior/exterior side. Swapping left/right on tires you can't flip, doesn't really do anything.

Reactions: Msicario
My other car with a staggered setup, has an aggressive camber from the factory. Discount Tire dismounted the tires, flipped them, then remounted them. Granted you can only do that with some tires. Some tires you can't flip, because there is an explicit interior/exterior side. Swapping left/right on tires you can't flip, doesn't really do anything.
What brand tires do you have or can be flipped? Thanks

What brand tires do you have or can be flipped? Thanks
It was the older gen Pilot Sport, that had the softer compound center band. It kept wearing the inside shoulder, despite the alignment being perfect, so Discount Tire kept flipping the tire, to keep it at bay, which worked, but was a pain in the ass. After my second set wearing the same way, they eventually told me it was a known issue with that tire, and said Michelin redesigned the tire to have an asymmetric tread that wouldn't suffer this issue, so they mounted those (Pilot Sport AS3+). Those wore much more evenly, and I never had to bother with rotating those, flipping or side to side.

I also had Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Positions in between, but I can't remember if I rotated those side to side, or flipped them. I just remember I hated the Pole Position's performance, as they were noticeably worse than the Pilot Sport A/S.

Last edited: