Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire rotation on a Model Y Performance with different sizes front and rear 275/255?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tire rotation on a Y Performance ? How is that possible with different sizes?​

How do you folks do the rotation for your MYP since the front and rear has different tire sizes, all season michelin tires.

If I need to change the tires in the future what size should I get? should I get the same size or diff size like what its now, so confusing.

Thanks

Reactions: shaundidrake

Tire rotation on a Y Performance ? How is that possible with different sizes?​

How do you folks do the rotation for your MYP since the front and rear has different tire sizes, all season michelin tires.

If I need to change the tires in the future what size should I get? should I get the same size or diff size like what its now, so confusing.

Thanks
It's quite simple, you don't rotate them! I live with this on both my MYP and Porsche Boxster that both have "staggered" set ups. It's the price you pay!

Reactions: shaundidrake
Unless they are directional tires you could do side to side on the same axle. RTFM
This from MY owner’s manual:
“Vehicles with staggered wheels and non-directional tires can be rotated side-to-side (left-to-right) but not front-to-back as the front and rear tire size is different. Left-to-right rotation can increase tread life by changing the direction of rotation for each tire and balancing shoulder wear.”