Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rotation [recommendations on where to get tires rotated?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other than the Tesla service center any recommendations on tire rotation?
1698188069525.png

Reactions: ATPMSD
Upvote 0
I booked appt with app and tesla mobile tech came out the following week to my house and rotated tires in my driveway. Total bill $65 and didn’t waste 1/2 day at tire store.

Tech was very careful. He hand torqued all lug nuts, measured tread depth and aired up all tires to 45 psi.

I asked him to look at my wife’s model Y while he was here. A side panel was not fitting flush. He disassembled the side panel and found there were 2 missing clips which he replaced.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I booked appt with app and tesla mobile tech came out the following week to my house and rotated tires in my driveway. Total bill $65 and didn’t waste 1/2 day at tire store.

If you make an appointment at Discount Tire you are in and out in one-hour instead of waiting for mobile service to show up.

Tesla mobile service can only do a front-to-back rotation. Most tire manufacturers recommended a cross-rotation.

Discount Tire is free!

Reactions: gearchruncher
Upvote 0

Tech was very careful. He hand torqued all lug nuts, measured tread depth and aired up all tires to 45 psi.

I asked him to look at my wife’s model Y while he was here. A side panel was not fitting flush. He disassembled the side panel and found there were 2 missing clips which he replaced.
Oh wow $65?! so I just call Tesla and they send someone out?

Upvote 0
I know this is an old post but I just came by it. What it a Tesla mobile service tech? Sounds like a great deal
Tesla will send a repair man to your house to do a number of different services on your car. In addition to having the recommended two year service check up and the tire rotation, I've had a Tesla service tech come to our house one other time. That was to fix a camera in the left front quarter panel that stopped working. All you have to do is open the Tesla App on your phone and scroll down to "Service". Tap "Service" and follow the prompts. Any charges will be billed to your credit card. I live 107 miles from the nearest Tesla Service Center so the mobile tech feature is an enormous help for me.

Upvote 0
Tesla will send a repair man to your house to do a number of different services on your car. In addition to having the recommended two year service check up and the tire rotation, I've had a Tesla service tech come to our house one other time. That was to fix a camera in the left front quarter panel that stopped working. All you have to do is open the Tesla App on your phone and scroll down to "Service". Tap "Service" and follow the prompts. Any charges will be billed to your credit card. I live 107 miles from the nearest Tesla Service Center so the mobile tech feature is an enormous help for me.
Yeah I have a service center not to far from me. Do you know what they charge for a tire rotation ?

Upvote 0
If you have a spare, you only need one jack. It can be done with only five tire on/offs instead of four, even if you use an x pattern.

I used to do that, but now Les Schwabb offers free rotation.
I know this is a random question but in my model 3 the wiper fluid squirts everywhere when I use it. And stains the whole side of the car. Do you think something's wrong or that's normal for Tesla?

Upvote 0
If you make an appointment at Discount Tire you are in and out in one-hour instead of waiting for mobile service to show up.

Tesla mobile service can only do a front-to-back rotation. Most tire manufacturers recommended a cross-rotation.

Discount Tire is free!

discount tire stores are not plentiful in Florida. The nearest one to me is 70 miles away.

I do have a tire store about 30 minutes from home that will schedule free rotations. I’ve used them to rotate the heavy tires on my Super Duty SRW truck and my Lexus ICE car. Even with an appt it’s 2 hours out of my day, a 1 hour round trip and at least an hour at the store.

Tesla mobile service isss ultra convenient for retired people like me. Last time I cut the grass while he rotated the tires. No time lost.

Reactions: ATPMSD and vickh
Upvote 0
discount tire stores are not plentiful in Florida. The nearest one to me is 70 miles away.
Surprised to see there are more in Florida than California.

Florida​

Upvote 0

Bummer just reading this, DT just did a front-to-back rotation on my RWD (know b/c I had curb rash on one wheel) Oh well I'll be putting the Pirelli wear warranty to the test anyway and I believe any rotation counts.

Upvote 0
Surprised to see there are more in Florida than California.

Florida​

I guess I was wrong stating they were not many. But the locations in Florida don’t do me any good. Here are maps of locations near either my house or cabin. The red is where we stay and maos show nearest discount tire locations.

Attachments

• IMG_0653.jpeg
    IMG_0653.jpeg
    342.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0652.jpeg
    IMG_0652.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 23
Upvote 0
i rotated tires with even wear, what a mistake! The noise increase was so bad I had them rotated back! After a month of unexpected tire noise. If the wear is even, leavem! My person opinion!
If the wear was even, I wouldn’t expect an increase in noise. Did you drive on the rotated tires for 50 miles before rotating them back?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PianoAl
Upvote 0