Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tire rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No rotation, but I had a tire patched at a Les Schwab. They were aware of the need to use the jack points rather than an undercarriage lift without me having to tell them.

I would say you can use any third-party shop, just be prepared with the relevant manual page regarding jacking in case they've never worked a Tesla.

Any reputable tire shop can do it. As noted above, make sure they know about the jack points and don't use the car lift.

I think a costco somewhere in america forgot about that and ruined some guy's battery, so a lot of costcos won't do it anymore.

I have everything I need to do a front to back rotation myself- jack pads made for the Model 3, floor jack, and scissor jack, plus all necessary wrenches, including a torque wrench. Front to back one side at a time but not a X pattern since not able to lift all 4 wheels at the same time. The one other factor that concerns me doing it myself is having proof that I did it if I need to make a warranty claim for premature thread wear with Michelin.

how does one go about scheduling that, and how much?

what do they charge? did you have to show them the jack points and/or provide the pads?
I had my tires covered under warranty since 2016 so free rotation. I get a new set every year. I will be taking my wifes model 3 there too. Even if they charge it would be inexpensive. They know the jack points and torque the lugs too.

How much do they charge at Discount Tire? You say it's free?!
No charge even if not having bought the tires there. Just had them rotate the factory tires on our 2016 Rogue and no charge. I have bought several sets of tires from them over the years for my own vehicles and both my daughters and my grandson so maybe they know I'll be buying more when the time comes but I did ask them about Teslas when I was there and the store I was at said they've done plenty of Model S/X but no Model 3 yet.