Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire selection for Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When we dropped down into Nevada and Utah this summer, it was fairly hot and they still performed well (ride, cornering, efficiency, etc).
zuFfGAU.jpg
Thanks Scott. Did it perform as well or better than the OEM in the summer.

Do you have the tire model for the Hankooks? I have to replace my OEM Contis on my 2018 75D 20" wheels and have to do some shopping for where I can pick up the Hankooks.​
A long winded but accurate video on Hankook performance on the X

Breaking news:

Some Tesla Model 3s and Ys will broiling off of the line with Hankook tires. Bean ountefsat Tesla realize 0they can save money and ship a great quality tire.

Tesla’s Model Y SUV to feature Hankook Tire’s tires

Breaking news:

Some Tesla Model 3s and Ys will broiling off of the line with Hankook tires. Bean ountefsat Tesla realize 0they can save money and ship a great quality tire.

Thanks for the heads up. I looked around for anybody carrying those Hankooks in the Southern California area but unfortunately none were in stock. Ended up getting 4 new Pirelli Scorpion A/S Plus 3s for $1290 after tax and 5% military discount (no roadhazard coverage). Just from the drive home they're quieter than the Continentals. They seem a little more bouncy though so I might let a little air out (45 PSI on a 75D). I got mine at America's Tires (AKA Discount Tires in other places). They had Scorpion Zeros for about $150 more for 4 but I keep it under 75mph most of the time and might occasionally go on light snow so I think the Plus 3s might be better for that and 20K more treadlife.

Reactions: Fairchild

Breaking news:

Some good info there. I also have Hankook tires (different type) on my older MX and they are quieter than the original tires and certainly wearing a lot better. Give yourself a "C" on the pronunciation of the brand. ;) The "a" in the name is pronounced "aw". And "kook" is not pronounced the way it is spelled either. Closer to "kuk" Thus. Ha aw n kuk.

Last edited:
Hi all, I've a Model X 2019 performance. I'm living in central europe, I wanna get 4 season tyres. What do u suggest, what's the best nowadays? I' ve read the topic but can't decide. 1. SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS? Michelin crossclimate 2? Or what? thanks! :)

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200