Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire size on new regular 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
Did I miss the memo? I was getting all the tires to the same PSI, yes call me OCD, and saw that my newly delivered 100D with 21" wheel upgrade has offset sizes. Has anyone else recently ordered a new delivery with 21" greys on their NON performance model and have 245's in the front and 265's in the rear? To the unitiated, are the wheel sizes the same just the rubber different?

IMG_1118.JPG
IMG_1119.JPG
IMG_1117.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
The rear wheels are also 1/2" wider than the fronts, so you can't rotate front to back.

But yeah, it's odd they are now delivering a staggered setup without really telling you.

Tesla has switched a half dozen times back and fourth between square and staggered on the performance models and I doubt they've ever notified any customers with pending orders of the size change.

I personally prefer square which makes buying and rotating tires easier. There's no real traction benefit on the D cars off the line but if you want that extra 1% in handling around corners then it might make a difference.

I believe they have been shipping staggered wheel/tire combos for quite some time. I was told non P cars get Conti's and P cars get the Mich Acoustic PSSs.

Think this has been the case since last summer (refresh). I have seen 60/75/90Ds also fall into this scenario. At least what I have seen over the last six months.

No matter what the model, I still think Tesla should alert people and give them the chance to decline the staggered rims.

They end up being much more expensive in the long run due to significantly fewer tire choices and that you can't rotate the wheels/tires back to front. And the "increased performance" is somewhere between dubious and marginally detectible at the extremes of handling.

This is exactly why I de-staggered my P85+.