Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tired of extremely rough ride on my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
H

hcdavis3

I only drive about 20 or so miles a day over roads that would rattle the teeth out of your head. I lowered my tire pressure to 38 pounds and the ride is soo much better. In similar circumstances would you do the same? I’m willing to take the range hit.

I only drive about 20 or so miles a day over roads that would rattle the teeth out of your head. I lowered my tire pressure to 38 pounds and the ride is soo much better. In similar circumstances would you do the same? I’m willing to take the range hit.
Hi Carter Good to hear from you. Have you considered going with the MPP Comfort coilover set? What wheels and tires do you have on your car?

Hi Carter Good to hear from you. Have you considered going with the MPP Comfort coilover set? What wheels and tires do you have on your car?
Thanks Doug. I need to research this more. I have 18 inch wheels and have set tire pressure to 39 lbs. The ride is so much smoother. I will check this out. Who installs the coilovers?

Thanks Doug. I need to research this more. I have 18 inch wheels and have set tire pressure to 39 lbs. The ride is so much smoother. I will check this out. Who installs the coilovers?
My roads around me are very smooth, having been paved last year, but I also run my tire pressures lower, about 39psi. Whatever range hit is minimal.
Thanks Ken. Good advice.

Can you elaborate on the difference you felt with the coilovers? Smoother ride all around? Do they provide some sort of extended travel?
Planted and less sways. Softness depends on how you adjust the compression/rebound settings and if you get the comfort vs sports ones. It’ll never be a boat like a Lexus, but you don’t want that. I commute 65 miles every day and have no problems at all with comfort. I do have fun though :)

the local group has many type of springs and coilover installed.
Tsportline is one of the setup I find it have a smoother ride than stock, not softer, but less rebound that make you feel up and down

the feeling is very subjective, it depends on a lot of things. We tend to test each members setup on the same road same speed and have 2 or more people on the car. If you have never tried on other setup, you won't know the best setting for yourself. MPP is great, but when you have that kind of money to spend, probably sway bars, big rims, camber kits, slick tires are also on the car.

I've been experimenting with lower tire pressures for the past year while checking tire wear. 34psi will improve ride even more with just a small decrease in handling.. I just add air when going on trips. I have 18 inch tires
Thanks very much bvend. What is the range hit at that tire pressure?

Last edited by a moderator: