Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TM3 Weak WiFi Signal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It wouldn’t surprise me that Tesla might change which side it is /was on at some point. 2020 UK drivers mirror example too. Tesla Model 3 2020 Right Front door electric wing mirror | eBay

311E9605-AB97-4484-A775-002B43CFA82A.jpeg

Last edited:
There’s no WiFi/LTE antennas in the wing mirrors anymore, they were relocated to the headliner some time in 2021, quite likely when the car started coming with satin black trim, since I’ve never seen a black trim wing mirror on eBay with antennas in.

It’s actually the reason I abandoned the idea of retrofitting the black trim parts to my 2020 car (it wouldn’t have been cheap either). I actually have a brand new passenger wing mirror in storage, so I know ;).

Incidentally - when it was in the mirrors it was WiFI/LTE on passenger side, LTE (2nd one) on drivers side - assuming a RHD car.

Reactions: MrT3
Looking at the wiring diagrams it seems they have changed the position with the late 2020 facelift onwards. After the Wi-Fi is rhs and the antenna is still there on the left mirror but used for bluetooth and not Wi-Fi.
Too many were complaining, so they moved the antenna to the other side. Are you able to upload those diagram? rhs .. right hand side??

Wish OP could have option to edit with "actual" facts.

Last edited: