Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To carbon fiber or not to carbon fiber...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MYP on order. I know the first thing I'm going to do is get a cover for the wood across the dash. I was thinking of going carbon fiber for that. Was looking at carbon fiber steering wheel overlays and other trim bits. Can I get some pics of CF interiors? Any thoughts of too much CF? I don't want to be Captain Carbon Fiber and regret it later. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
You can definitely over-carbon fiber. I only did the dash trim and rear seat vent and think that’s more than enough. Any more makes it look rice IMO

I'm the oddball. CF is so played out it's not even interesting anymore. I went rogue and added real matching wood veneers to the console, ties it all together.
I was looking for something different from the usual carbon fiber as Hunt3r stated. I found these matching real wood covers.

I was looking for something different from the usual carbon fiber as Hunt3r stated. I found these matching real wood covers.
The dark trim actually looks really nice

Yes. I got the set from abstract ocean, while they were on sale. They might still be. Really nice product, supposed to be made from the same material that the factory Dash is made of. Looks totally factory and upscale in my opinion. Stands out quite a bit more than the CF you pretty much are seeing on everyone's car now.
20220718_113036.jpg

• Love
Reactions: pete8314
So funny because I just ran across that site today doing a general google search for Model Y Performance review or something. I have to say they look pretty nice... I like some of the other wood colors/styles and the carbon does look nice, though the matte still looks a little too glossy for me, maybe that's just poor pictures though...

Yes. I got the set from abstract ocean, while they were on sale. They might still be. Really nice product, supposed to be made from the same material that the factory Dash is made of. Looks totally factory and upscale in my opinion. Stands out quite a bit more than the CF you pretty much are seeing on everyone's car now.View attachment 831718
Looks better fitted for a yacht, but if you like it than that’s all that matters.

• Funny
Reactions: Triplem086