Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To those taking delivery in Sydney >= September 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know at what stage you can find out the Registration number (so I can tell the Insurance Company)? I'm assuming it is only a day or so before pickup? Do they email you or do you have to ask?
You can insure it without the registration number - just the VIN is fine. You can call the insurance company up later and tell them the rego.

This is the way it works for everyone getting Teslas in the ACT, because Tesla can't register them for you, you receive the vehicle unregistered and have to register it yourself.

Reactions: demaw and doggy1
Hi everyone,

I also have a M3 on order. I have just checked my invoice and it's dated mid August 2021. Assuming that we are going to claim the rebates and stamp duty eventually when the regulation is passed, does anyone know if this is going to be an issue? Or will they be based on the registration date (which will be post September 1)?

Thanks

Same question was asked on whirlpool, and advisor apparently says the answer is that it will use rego/delivery date.

Makes sense to me. But check with your sales person to be sure.

I'm in the process of transferring the payment for mine. I assume I will get a receipt dated on the payment/pickup date too. Will check after the payment has gone through.

Taking delivery today at 1pm from Alexandria. Paid on Thurs night, and yesterday got a text saying funds had cleared.

Got another text message saying pickup is contactless so am not expecting much of a handover.

Reactions: moa999
Today I assume? How did it go?

wondering what to expect, I’ve seen some videos of contactless deliveries in the uk.

“here’s the car, digitally sign for it, and the keys are on the seat, good bye”

is that it?
Pretty much. QR code check in, they check your licence, wait for a couple of minutes in the lobby, then they take you to your car. Connect your app, and off you go. Key card already in the car. I had already test driven the car so didnt have any questions.

You will love it....

Reactions: doggy1
Today I assume? How did it go?

wondering what to expect, I’ve seen some videos of contactless deliveries in the uk.

“here’s the car, digitally sign for it, and the keys are on the seat, good bye”

is that it?
Yes, you are in and out in 20 or so minutes. Very little discussion so as they keep telling you, make sure you watch the tutorials.

Took delivery from Alexandria today. Huge facility. Got shown to the car, and had ample of time to look and check if you need to, or you can just drive off.

IMG_3671.jpeg

Picked up our LR from Chatswood today. Very courteous and informative staff. Showed me everything I needed to know and also answered a couple of unusual questions (relating to sliding an inflatable boat on a blanket along the glass roof!) Could not see any issues with paint or gaps. It was well lit. There was a transporter offloading even more Teslas while I was there. 26km drive home was great with only one use of the brake pedal (downhill to traffic lights which turned red). Everything is great so far and the whole purchase process was good. Plenty more to learn about this computer on wheels. In the showroom, I enjoyed looking at the stripped down model S chassis and drivetrains. A work of art.
We are now a two EV family. The grandkids will have a ball (when we finally get to see them).