Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Too late to file a free service claim for fit and finish issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few things have come up recently that I believe would require a service appointment but I'm curious if the cost to repair will come out of my pocket or covered under warrnaty?

for background, there are Zero modifications to my MY so I'm not concerned about them telling me puddle lights or what not have caused the issues.

issues:
- electronic rear seat release stopped working
- rattle from the right side of the dashboard area. (I believe it's from the glovebox or speaker)
- sentrymode has quit working, every time I try to view events I get a message that the viewer is unavailable when I've been notified that there have been sentry events.

Those are the main ones.

...electronic rear seat release stopped working...
This is covered with a 4-year/50,000-mile new car warranty.
- rattle from the right side of the dashboard area. (I believe it's from the glovebox or speaker)
The new car warranty does not cover noises, rattles...
- sentrymode has quit working, every time I try to view events I get a message that the viewer is unavailable when I've been notified that there have been sentry events.
Can you do it when both your car and your phone are connected to your home wi-fi?

Reactions: ajs847
There is a known issue, in a recent firmware update, around sentry USB not being recognized (requiring a removal/re-insertion of USB stick, periodically). This is being fixed in an upcoming firmware release (may have already been taken care of - not sure yet). Maybe this is causing the issue you're observing? Do you see a red x on the sentry icon (assuming you added it to the bottom of your screen)?

Reactions: ajs847
Can you do it when both your car and your phone are connected to your home wi-fi?

Negative, sentry viewer will not work when I am home and both my phone and car are connected to wifi. i've tried turning on and off sentry, messing with settings and have took out and reseated the USB drive, the only thing I can think of doing are: 1) soft and hard reset of the tesla computer 2) reformat the drive or try a third party USB drive.

There is a known issue, in a recent firmware update, around sentry USB not being recognized (requiring a removal/re-insertion of USB stick, periodically). This is being fixed in an upcoming firmware release (may have already been taken care of - not sure yet). Maybe this is causing the issue you're observing? Do you see a red x on the sentry icon (assuming you added it to the bottom of your screen)?
that's the thing, others who reported the issue said their sentry had the red X, but mine appears to be operating correctly. I keep the icon in my viewable apps to keep an eye on it.