Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery of my P3D Yesterday with a few setbacks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

keith819

2022 Model X LR
Apr 19, 2019
Yardley, PA
Long time viewer of this forum and just took delivery of my Model 3 Performance yesterday. I’m absolutely in love with the car but I had a few issues right out of the gate.. my steering wheel came misaligned and they were extremely friendly about fixing it on the spot at the service center yesterday in Cherry Hill, NJ. Truly nice people there. But now Autopilot is not working at all. I figured it was calibration as they stated at the SC so I drove it around until I got close to about 200 miles and still nothing! All I get is Cruise Not Available. No notification of calibration actually taking place either. Tried soft reset and hard reset already. So I let it go over night and thought maybe a deep sleep would fix the problem and still nothing! Am I missing something? I notified my sales person and I also setup a service appointment for next Tuesday.

If you don't mind my asking, when did you order the car? And was it from inventory or a new delivery? It's one of the first recent P3D deliveries I've heard of in this area.

I ordered on April 6th and it came direct from California and arrived on Tuesday for pickup yesterday. I wish there was inventory so I could have gotten it sooner. The white seats are what apparently took the longest.

Attachments

• 212E1227-BDCD-4A38-B168-026FC2DECBC7.jpeg
    212E1227-BDCD-4A38-B168-026FC2DECBC7.jpeg
    496.3 KB · Views: 117
Congratulations on one of the best purchases of your life! Sorry to hear about the couple of hiccups, but hopefully there is a reasonable explanation. One question that has not been asked yet: have you tried Autopilot on several multi-lane roads/highways to see if the gray steering wheel symbol appears (top left of your display)? We have a couple single lane roads, for example, that Autopilot is not as friendly with. Otherwise, enjoy your rocket-on-wheels.

Sorry to hear about your issues, but it will become a distance memory soon. I will be on the look out for you as I am on the north side of Yardley near 95/295 or whatever they are calling it these days.

IMG_8555.jpg
If you see me out and about give me a wave. Maybe we can get a meetup set for this summer around the area.