Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery today in Raleigh, NC, and got a great car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car this afternoon. LR AWD, white with black, 18" aeros, no FSD, ordered 10/28.

As far as i can tell, it's a great build. No panel gaps. No paint issues. I'm not an expert, so maybe there's a swirl somewhere, but nothing glaring that i saw.

My appointment was at 4 and i got there about 15 minutes early and they got me in. I still had to transfer the money, so after showing me the car, my guy helped me put in my back information and i spent more money at one time than i ever had in my entire life since we put a down payment on our house.

After helping me set up my key and showing me some basics we were out of there by 420 to sell our Subaru to Auction Direct.

Rear facing car seat even fit behind the driver's seat even with my 6'4" tall husband driving.

I have a few questions pending that I'm trying to figure out. If anyone wants to chime in with help, though, I'd love it!

1) I can't find the owner's manual PDF.

2) When I try to charge off the 110 in my house i get a charging equipment fault. I can't tell if that's a problem with my outlet or a problem with the cable they gave me. I tried two outlets. Does anyone know how to make sure it's not the cable? I'm having an electrician out next week to install a NEMA outlet.

3) I did two clicks down to activate adaptive cruise control and auto steer. Auto steer turns all the way off when i change lanes and i have to click down again twice to get it to come back on? Sometimes auto steer just turned off but i don't think i did anything wrong. Is it only one click down?

Oh, and i forgot!! My husband saw someone storm out while we were there! There was something going on with his financing and he just stood up and left. Everyone just kind of blinked and looked around and then took the next person in line.

Congratulations!

For your questions....

1. Owners manual can be found in your tesla account online to download, and is also installed in the car. I forget exactly where the manual is on the screen but you can find it somewhere there. You dont get a paper manual, but I downloaded the PDF and then put it on my iPad.

2. Could be either. the circuit you are trying to charge off of may not be a dedicated 110. Most circuits (even in a garage) are daisy chained to other things. Do you have a garage fridge or something? Also, make sure you have everything plugged in snuggly (both the plug to the wall, and the adapter to the tesla charging mobile connector).

3.Did you buy full self driving? If not, then you have the "Traffic assisted cruise control" that has auto steer in the lane you are in. The behavior you describe is the one that is present on cars with the "included" auto pilot. "full self driving" package has navigate on autopilot, which will also change lanes etc. The one included with the car only works in the lane you are in.

Oh, and is there a steering wheel shortcut for voice commands?

Pressing the right button will let you bring up voice commands. There are only a few basic ones now, but the car is fairly good at understanding variations of the same theme. Like " where is the closest XXXX" or "navigate to XXX". the first thing I mentioned will bring up a list of whatever XXX was (like closest McDonalds, or closest XXX store) . the "navigate to XXX will do something similar and you can navigate to it.

Owners manual-
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_3_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

also you can hit the T at the top of your screen to get access to the owners manual and many other things

Currently available voice commands are a bit spread out in the manual, decent summary of where to find mention of most from the manual here:
List of currently available voice commands | Tesla

One click down on right stalk to TACC- two down is autopilot (TACC and autosteer).

It will not do anything other than TACC and auto-steer in a single lane though unless you bought FSD (in which case it'll do auto lane changes, navigate on autopilot, summon, auto park, and more).

Picked up my car this afternoon. LR AWD, white with black, 18" aeros, no FSD, ordered 10/28.

As far as i can tell, it's a great build. No panel gaps. No paint issues. I'm not an expert, so maybe there's a swirl somewhere, but nothing glaring that i saw.

My appointment was at 4 and i got there about 15 minutes early and they got me in. I still had to transfer the money, so after showing me the car, my guy helped me put in my back information and i spent more money at one time than i ever had in my entire life since we put a down payment on our house.

After helping me set up my key and showing me some basics we were out of there by 420 to sell our Subaru to Auction Direct.

Rear facing car seat even fit behind the driver's seat even with my 6'4" tall husband driving.

I have a few questions pending that I'm trying to figure out. If anyone wants to chime in with help, though, I'd love it!

2) When I try to charge off the 110 in my house i get a charging equipment fault. I can't tell if that's a problem with my outlet or a problem with the cable they gave me. I tried two outlets. Does anyone know how to make sure it's not the cable? I'm having an electrician out next week to install a NEMA outlet.

3) I did two clicks down to activate adaptive cruise control and auto steer. Auto steer turns all the way off when i change lanes and i have to click down again twice to get it to come back on? Sometimes auto steer just turned off but i don't think i did anything wrong. Is it only one click down?

Oh, and i forgot!! My husband saw someone storm out while we were there! There was something going on with his financing and he just stood up and left. Everyone just kind of blinked and looked around and then took the next person in line.
congrats..I was there in the morning around 10am talking to someone about my delivery for a car I ordered in september. I wonder if they wanna sell me the car from the guy who stormed out..was it a performance by any chance?! :)

• Funny
Reactions: ZappCatt
Congratulations! It sounds like an awesome car. Hope you get the 110 equipment fault sorted out soon! In the meantime, if you live close to Six Forks I am sure you know there are 12 Tesla Superchargers (120kW), available 24/7 off of Lassiter at North Hills.

Congrats. I'm scheduled to take delivery next Monday.

Did you find that Auction Direct paid more than Carmax?

In this case - yes. Quite a bit more. Carmax claimed my car "shifted roughly." It's a CVT - it doesn't shift.

Carmax offered me $9000, Tesla offered me ~$10,500, and Auction Direct offered me $12,500.

congrats..I was there in the morning around 10am talking to someone about my delivery for a car I ordered in september. I wonder if they wanna sell me the car from the guy who stormed out..was it a performance by any chance?! :)

Haha! I don't know. Can't image they'll have trouble selling it it it was. There was a beautiful dark gray performance next to mine while I was receiving delivery. Very very pretty.

Congratulations! It sounds like an awesome car. Hope you get the 110 equipment fault sorted out soon! In the meantime, if you live close to Six Forks I am sure you know there are 12 Tesla Superchargers (120kW), available 24/7 off of Lassiter at North Hills.

I'll definitely have to stop by a supercharger - especially if I can't get my parking pass to access the garage at work where the chargers are!!

Congrats and good to hear as I pick mine up tomorrow in Raleigh!