Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my 90D today. I live in a state with no service centers or showrooms. Did one brief test drive before ordering so did not know exactly what to expect. I'm thrilled to say it has exceeded my high expectations. Glad to be more than a creeper on the site!

Delivered via tow truck complete with umbrella, coffee mug, two leather key fob holders and a tesla pen!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    659 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    343.3 KB · Views: 147
I'm in Charleston, with a 90D on order, and debating between taking delivery here and driving to go pick it up. Any advice?

I debated that myself. Decided to have them deliver from Charlotte because I didn't want to make my wife drive 6 hours round trip in her ICE. Delivery coordination was smooth and didn't feel like I needed the walk through since I'd already read so much about it online. Showed up with 70 miles of range so I could get a little fix before plugging it in. I think I made the right choice for me but definitely thought it would be nice to have an excuse to try out the supercharger and autopilot. Plenty of time for that I guess and saved 200 miles on the odometer....

I went and got mine in Decatur, GA. Rented a 370Z and drove from Charleston. About 350 miles back because I stopped at the Greenville supercharger. The car showed me what it was really capable of in some stop-and-go traffic around Columbia. With autopilot and cruise control, I didn't have to do a thing in that heavy traffic.

It looks like several of us in the Charleston area have taken delivery of a Model S in the last month or so. What would you all think about meeting for a "Tesla dinner" sometime in the next few weeks? It would give us all a chance to meet and share notes.