Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took HW4 MXP delivery today in Toronto, Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on Feb 14, VIN PF3834**, Production date Jan 30, Hardware 4 Equipped!

Before I went there I was ready to endure all kinds of quality problems, but in fact I didn't find any big problems, there were tiny paint unevenness problems Tesla people sanded me flat on the spot.

The process of my order had many twists and turns. First they assign me a VIN (PF375***) that was produced in November last year. I was going to reject it, and then I noticed that this Monday, Toronto's inventory suddenly started to have some HW4 MXs. So I asked my advisor to swap my VIN with an inventory VIN. He helped me to changed my assignment to a new VIN, and made a delivery appointment at 12pm today. But at 11am my sales advisor told me the appointment is canceled because the services apartment found some problems they couldn't even stand themselves. So I searched the inventory again and asked the advisor to help me to swap again. The advisor have to contact California to fix a system error before he can modify my reservation. My new delivery appointment is 5pm. I came 5mins late and inspected the car for 30mins, couldn’t find any issue. Everyone I met was nice and helpful. No complaints!

Ordered on Feb 14, VIN PF3834**, Production date Jan 30, Hardware 4 Equipped!

Before I went there I was ready to endure all kinds of quality problems, but in fact I didn't find any big problems, there were tiny paint unevenness problems Tesla people sanded me flat on the spot.

The process of my order had many twists and turns. First they assign me a VIN (PF375***) that was produced in November last year. I was going to reject it, and then I noticed that this Monday, Toronto's inventory suddenly started to have some HW4 MXs. So I asked my advisor to swap my VIN with an inventory VIN. He helped me to changed my assignment to a new VIN, and made a delivery appointment at 12pm today. But at 11am my sales advisor told me the appointment is canceled because the services apartment found some problems they couldn't even stand themselves. So I searched the inventory again and asked the advisor to help me to swap again. The advisor have to contact California to fix a system error before he can modify my reservation. My new delivery appointment is 5pm. I came 5mins late and inspected the car for 30mins, couldn’t find any issue. Everyone I met was nice and helpful. No complaints!

Super interesting! Thanks @Flux Xu !

QQs: 1/ How can you get build / production date from the VIN? 2/ How do you know HW4 from VIN as well? Many thanks!!

Super interesting! Thanks @Flux Xu !

QQs: 1/ How can you get build / production date from the VIN? 2/ How do you know HW4 from VIN as well? Many thanks!!
The most reliable way is to ask your service advisor after a VIN has been assigned to your account.
They can obtain the exact build date from the VIN, and according to other posts, they can also view the full Option Codes associated with your VIN. Therefore, they should be able to confirm it for you.
For myself, I used Tesla United States inventory to find a inventory that has HW4 and asked my service advisor to assign the inventory car to my account.

Fantastic Post about the Tesla United States inventory. Was going to buy one from Montreal and saw that it was V3. Question on a $125k cdn Model X inventory, is it worth +$15k to buy a V4?. I understand (kinda, since I am posting the question anyway) that there will always be something newer coming along but hate having to buy something that is obsolete or is it obsolete?