Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW4 and Phoenix Radar Build Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an fyi for those looking for HW4 and Phoenix radar on new Model X orders, I spoke to my Tesla Advisor today and found out the car I had assigned to me did not have HW4 or Phoenix radar.

He said cars built prior to February come with HW3, and mine was built January 23rd.

He told me to go ahead and send in a request stating the following:

“I would like to be unmatched from my current VIN and have my order placed on hold.”

Then once the VIN was unassigned submit a request to have my order taken off of hold.

TIFWIW but wanted to share, as I know some others only want to accept a car with the new HW4.

Happy I found out ahead of time, but bummed because my EDD was 03/13 (today) to 03/22.

Reactions: nilspjac
Just an fyi for those looking for HW4 and Phoenix radar on new Model X orders, I spoke to my Tesla Advisor today and found out the car I had assigned to me did not have HW4 or Phoenix radar.

He said cars built prior to February come with HW3, and mine was built January 23rd.

He told me to go ahead and send in a request stating the following:

“I would like to be unmatched from my current VIN and have my order placed on hold.”

Then once the VIN was unassigned submit a request to have my order taken off of hold.

TIFWIW but wanted to share, as I know some others only want to accept a car with the new HW4.

Happy I found out ahead of time, but bummed because my EDD was 03/13 (today) to 03/22.
Just FYI when you take yourself off hold you can be assigned another inventory “demo” car or even the exact same car again

Reactions: aerodyne
@corydorning I am in a similar situation. My advisor has told me that it is a January build and has HW4. I messaged to double confirm, then they said:
Hello, Tesla has not made any official announcement regarding HW4. We can confirm this vehicle has the latest hardware available.

This, unfortunately is a little vague, as "latest hardware available" could be interpreted as the official HW3 that most people know about or HW4, as cars are clearly being built with that now, but not announced. I am asking for the exact build date from my advisor to see if that helps.

I have seen many HW4 listed on tesla-info. Here's the earliest I could find : 2023 Tesla MX Long Range AWD in Devon PA US listed at $103,490 with a build date of 14-Jan-2023.

Model X Production date Jan 30 has HW4

Reactions: corydorning
Just sharing what I know as well. My hubby and I ordered a Model X that is in inventory (not demo) yesterday and taking delivery this week. Initially before I ordered, the SA (via text) said HW4 isn't available but I kept telling her to dig into it for me because I wouldn't get the car if I cannot find one in inventory that has the AP4/HW4. She got back to me and confirmed it's AP4. I asked so many times just to make sure because I don't want to get tricked into getting the car lol. Then after reading this thread (thanks to everyone here), I did the Live Chat thing on Tesla's website. I provided my VIN to him to triple check if I have the AP4 aka HW4 and he replied, "Autopilot Hardware 4.0 (AP04). Looks like you got it." I also asked another Live Chat rep to confirm the vehicle birthdate (02/01/2023) and it has Phoenix radar. I'm happy now haha. I was triple checking because I do not want to get one that doesn't have parking sensors and no HW4, which I heard those are around.

Thanks to the above members for providing info that even some later January build ones do have HW4. As someone mentioned here, it's best to check the Tesla-Info website and look for the cars that says HW4. For the demo cars in inventory around my area (SoCal), most of them have HW3 and have the parking sensors.

Reactions: preilly44
To know whether an inventory car has HW4 or not, do the following:

Step 1: In google chrome, Go to the Tesla inventory page and select the particular car
Step 2: Right click, and click on "View page source"
Step 3: Ctrl - F "AP04" and "RA02". If you find them, then the car is HW4. Note that AP04 (HW4) and RA02 (radar) appear to pair together. I didn't find any car with AP04 and no RA02.

To know whether an inventory car has HW4 or not, do the following:

Step 1: In google chrome, Go to the Tesla inventory page and select the particular car
Step 2: Right click, and click on "View page source"
Step 3: Ctrl - F "AP04" and "RA02". If you find them, then the car is HW4. Note that AP04 (HW4) and RA02 (radar) appear to pair together. I didn't find any car with AP04 and no RA02.
Thanks for sharing! I was wondering if you happen to know if we could still do that for a car/VIN that is already assigned to me. I tried the above method for an inventory car and it works and was able to see AP04 and RA02. However, when I tried to do it on the car that's already assigned to me on the Account>Manage page, I am not able to search AP04 or RA02 (I also tried AP03, AP02, etc.). Thank you!

Thanks for sharing! I was wondering if you happen to know if we could still do that for a car/VIN that is already assigned to me. I tried the above method for an inventory car and it works and was able to see AP04 and RA02. However, when I tried to do it on the car that's already assigned to me on the Account>Manage page, I am not able to search AP04 or RA02 (I also tried AP03, AP02, etc.). Thank you!
Yeah, I wasn't able to figure that out unfortunately.

Reactions: maytaurustiger
Same thing here too. Can't seem to be able to search for a VIN that is already assigned to me. Also can't find either AP04 or APH4 (APH4 is HW3.0, you can Google it).

Same thing here too. Can't seem to be able to search for a VIN that is already assigned to me. Also can't find either AP04 or APH4 (APH4 is HW3.0, you can Google it).
Thank you for the info! I was able to confirmy car has AP04 and Phoenix radar by asking the Live Chat rep, my original in store SA via text, and another SA in person lol. I was so paranoid that I asked so many times in different methods, they must hate me hahaha.