Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toolbox 3 updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is this? Is it related to this:

How do I get an online service account?

for example, anyone having issues pulling complete list of Vitals from Model S/X -- e.g. min/maxSoc, brick voltages, min/max brick voltage, etc, etc. basically all the foundational bits that Toolbox 2 has provided in the past

Yea the article search is not working but I see a bunch of new articles on front motor noise. All operations from toolbox 2 have been moved to 3 ..everything on legacy x operations works really well now. My guess is that they have a bug in the software right now ..they have done so many changes these last 2 weeks

Reactions: El Lopo
much appreciated

however, even with the Gateway unlock on an Intel-based MCU unable to get a read on basic BMS vitals like min/max SOC.

and can’t get lower level reads on CAN signals on BMS errors

for example, for a BMS_w107 BMB sensor misread, unable to pull things like
BMS_a107_bmbID
BMS_a107_brickSumV
BMS_a107_moduleV
etc.

know it’s likely pilot error on my part what’s step by step iToolbox 3 on reading indivisls CAN signals?

I believe that's dealer only ..i have seen there toolbox it has a lot more features than body shop .. articles are back working again. There is so many more articles now
Great job tesla with the videos explaining noise problems outstanding !!
model x slip.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: El Lopo
unfortunately, even with Gateway unlocked, not getting even basic reads on Vitals other that cfg_ values in Toolbox 3 right now. entire superset is now only 134 some odd Vitals and only cfg_ value, previously it was north of 8000 or so, and 50+ bms_ vitals. now zero bms_ vitals... #sadMac :-(

here are the subscription options: Tesla Service

There is a paid option and a free option:

Service Manual, Parts Manual, and Body Repair
Service Bulletins
Labor Codes and Times
Tooling Catalog and Wiring Diagrams

The parts catalogue is here I forget if it is a different account or the same: Parts Catalog

Attachments

• Service Subscription02.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 179
  • Service Subscription.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 112
No air suspension ones that’s the only bummer but all that you know BMS and powertrains are there anybody out there that has a model S or model X Raven does it have the DCdcconverter missing like it does on mine? I would like to do some comparisons on what’s going on here cause I get a lot of spikes on the battery voltage with the E fuse and I want to see what’s going on. I also show the DC DDC missing and it’s showing 25.5 V for the DCC output. In my opinion they’re overcharging the 12 V battery and maybe that’s why they’re having so many problems with the batteries 12 V.

No air suspension ones that’s the only bummer but all that you know BMS and powertrains are there anybody out there that has a model S or model X Raven does it have the DCdcconverter missing like it does on mine? I would like to do some comparisons on what’s going on here cause I get a lot of spikes on the battery voltage with the E fuse and I want to see what’s going on. I also show the DC DDC missing and it’s showing 25.5 V for the DCC output. In my opinion they’re overcharging the 12 V battery and maybe that’s why they’re having so many problems with the batteries 12 V.
You know you can edit your posts after you dictate them so people can make heads or tails of what you posted more easily. Just hit the edit button below the post, you have an hour to make any changes you missed initially

Any changes to the gateway configuration items that can be edited?
Yes they even give you the gwfer script and gw diag with the service shell….theres a lot of cpu commands for intel …,.the can viewer is really nice to get the last 3 weeks of can data .. there’s 3 or 4 signals that will keep the car awake and it gives the reason with a time stamp ..also you get a dir list of the car with the ls and cat command

Last edited: