Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Menu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Red equals 1.
Black equals 2.
White equals 3.
Silver is 4.
Grey is 5.
Blue equals 8.
Green is 8 as well.
and Brown equals 10.

Current tally is:

markwj: Brown 10
fengshui/TEG: Brown 10
PV-EV: Blue 8
Discoducky: Brown 10
Rifleman: White 3
NigelM: Silver 4
FlasherZ: Blue 8
Lloyd: Green 8
Pureamps: Brown 10
Bound466: Brown 10
Lyon: Blue 8
DrComputer: Red 1

I make that 90 so far, and will update as more people send in. Can we at least try this? Send in unique pictures to [email protected] and let us know here you did it so that we can keep score.

We might have duplicate submissions, as people aren't saying what particular picture they submitted, so safest is to keep them coming. We're missing Grey, Silver, White, Black and Red (15 points total).

Last edited:
I could not help but think just how hard whoever is behind this wild goose chase must be laughing if it turns out that [email protected] really is just a random email address, and has nothing to do with Tesla. This really must be funny to them (i am about to crack up just thinking about someone wondering why they are getting lots of pictures of electric cars in their mailbox)

I just sent a white one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 290
Goes-to-11.png
So far we've had banners saying/interpreted (assumed to be a game/puzzle from a subset of TMC moderators)

1. Coming
2. Source which pointed an email to pieces of an incomplete visual puzzle which made "SLI\"
3. "one two one 7 two zero one two" which was interpreted to mean 12/17/2012 at 7pm PDT
4. Morse Code which pointed to a wav file which was interpreted to mean to send an email to [email protected] with unique pic's of MS's of colors for points to add up to 85 or more; Which it looks like we've done (but not confirmed since we don't know if the exact pic's are unique)

Seems like we need another clue or we haven't done it right so far.

So far we've had banners saying/interpreted (assumed to be a game/puzzle from a subset of TMC moderators)

1. Coming
2. Source which pointed an email to pieces of an incomplete visual puzzle which made "SLI\"
3. "one two one 7 two zero one two" which was interpreted to mean 12/17/2012 at 7pm PDT
4. Morse Code which pointed to a wav file which was interpreted to mean to send an email to [email protected] with unique pic's of MS's of colors for points to add up to 85 or more; Which it looks like we've done (but not confirmed since we don't know if the exact pic's are unique)

I am pretty sure we didn't do #4 correctly. I think that was the best we have come up with. I would expect probably another clue later this week that might help us on the way. I have a feeling this thing will end on the 25th, or the 31st/1st.

1. Coming

#4 is beyond me. I think #3 is open to interpretation. With the "7", it could separate three sets of numbers: 1 2 1, 7, 2012. Did anything happen on the 17th? I only noticed the morse code today. Of course, with Pacific time, maybe it appeared last night before midnight. Anyone try PM'ing Doug to check whether we're spamming some poor biker? If anyone knows it would be him. :)

Did anything happen on the 17th? I only noticed the morse code today. Of course, with Pacific time, maybe it appeared last night before midnight. Anyone try PM'ing Doug to check whether we're spamming some poor biker? If anyone knows it would be him. :)

It's been mentioned up-thread but TEG, Robert, AO, Doug_G, Bonnie, El Supreme and myself have all been contributing to this thread. The main noticeable absence is "doug" but he's the primary administrator and he controls the site structure so he's in on it insofar as he must know who's behind it. That's not going to to be a help towards solving the puzzle though.

@KBF: Yes, the Morse code appeared on 12/17.

@All: Updates happen overnight. We exceeded the points tally (assuming no duplicated pics!) early this morning, so if we were correct and there's a next piece to the puzzle coming in the banner it should appear tonight.

No luck on my message to Nick's Mission on 4shared.com.

I'll drag up a brown model S to send to poor [email protected]. By now there he is probably getting so much spam from all the crawlers that picked up his address on this forum my little picture won't bother him.

Just in case we had some duplicates. We are only one duplicate from not making it past the 85 threshold.

Has anyone looked to see if the morse code changed?

- - - Updated - - -

No luck on my message to Nick's Mission on 4shared.com.

I'll drag up a brown model S to send to poor [email protected]. By now there he is probably getting so much spam from all the crawlers that picked up his address on this forum my little picture won't bother him.

Just in case we had some duplicates. We are only one duplicate from not making it past the 85 threshold.
I had sent a PM to Nick Kincaid yesterday asking "Are you who we're supposed to send photos to from TMC?", and he sent back a somewhat evasive reply of "Photos from the Tesla Motors Club?"

I sent one back saying "Yes" and linking him to this thread. No reply since.

I had sent a PM to Nick Kincaid yesterday asking "Are you who we're supposed to send photos to from TMC?", and he sent back a somewhat evasive reply of "Photos from the Tesla Motors Club?"

I sent one back saying "Yes" and linking him to this thread. No reply since.

We were only guessing that "Nick's Mission" on 4shared might be "Nick Kincaid". When you said you sent a PM to Nick Kincaid did you mean that you sent a message to "Nick's Mission" on 4shared, or did you find some other way to send a PM to NickKincaid@Tesla ?

Personally, I wouldn't try to contact anyone at Tesla about this directly. They might not have anything to do with this and you might be distracting them from "real work" if you did.