TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Topeka area Tesla owners?

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by stevezzzz, Jul 31, 2013.

1. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

I'm driving my S to Topeka this week for the big warbirds airshow at Forbes Field, Fri-Sun. Any Tesla owners nearby?

2. GlennAlanBerry

You should post/blog about your trip, and where you end up charging. I am going to Topeka in September...

3. stevezzzz

Will do, Glenn. I have a charging plan; we'll see how well it works in practice.

4. farmerfry

farmerfry Member

Model S of a different kind!

Steve,
    I live in Topeka and plan to go to the air show. I've got a model S of a different kind. A Zero Model S motorcycle. I would love to meet up and check out your model S as I haven't had the opportunity to see one in person. I have heard at one time there was supposed to be a Model S in Lawrence, KS or KC, but that was before they had started delivering. FYI There are some public charging stations available in Topeka that aren't on a lot of the websites, and there's also a paying chargepoint one in Manhattan, KS. When are you getting to town?

- - - Updated - - -

Steve, I searched around super briefly and found like 4 Model S's in KC in the forum membership. Mad Max, K Hall, xhawk 101, and breading. You might see if any of them are/would come over!

5. GlennAlanBerry

I went to high school in Topeka (Topeka High), and I still have some family there. My sister is supposed to be putting in a NEMA 14-50 out for me in her garage, so I can charge there as I pass through. Charging stations are pretty rare in Kansas, outside of RV Parks on I-70.

6. stevezzzz

I'll PM you, farmerfry...

7. stevezzzz

#7 stevezzzz, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    Topeka has extended a warm welcome to this dusty traveler. I had called a plugshare charging point and discovered the location literally backs up to my hotel. It's only a 4kW J1772, but I'll be here three or four days, so no sweat. Gave the owner (it's his office: he plugs in his Volt during business hours) a test drive: a new Tesla grin is a reward in itself.

Then I met Andy (farmerfry) who rolled up on his Zero motorbike; he got a test drive, too, and we picked up his wife along the way for some more Tesla grins.

20130801-photo-3.jpg