Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Topeka area Tesla owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S of a different kind!

Will do, Glenn. I have a charging plan; we'll see how well it works in practice.

Steve,
I live in Topeka and plan to go to the air show. I've got a model S of a different kind. A Zero Model S motorcycle. I would love to meet up and check out your model S as I haven't had the opportunity to see one in person. I have heard at one time there was supposed to be a Model S in Lawrence, KS or KC, but that was before they had started delivering. FYI There are some public charging stations available in Topeka that aren't on a lot of the websites, and there's also a paying chargepoint one in Manhattan, KS. When are you getting to town?

- - - Updated - - -

Steve, I searched around super briefly and found like 4 Model S's in KC in the forum membership. Mad Max, K Hall, xhawk 101, and breading. You might see if any of them are/would come over!

I went to high school in Topeka (Topeka High), and I still have some family there. My sister is supposed to be putting in a NEMA 14-50 out for me in her garage, so I can charge there as I pass through. Charging stations are pretty rare in Kansas, outside of RV Parks on I-70.

Topeka has extended a warm welcome to this dusty traveler. I had called a plugshare charging point and discovered the location literally backs up to my hotel. It's only a 4kW J1772, but I'll be here three or four days, so no sweat. Gave the owner (it's his office: he plugs in his Volt during business hours) a test drive: a new Tesla grin is a reward in itself.

Then I met Andy (farmerfry) who rolled up on his Zero motorbike; he got a test drive, too, and we picked up his wife along the way for some more Tesla grins.

20130801-photo-3.jpg

Last edited: