Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Topfit Phone Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I ordered this a little while back, mostly for use with a Dragy. I figured I'd stick the Dragy unit itself in the sunglasses holder while having my phone mounted so that the camera points forward.

This hasn't worked out for me, mainly because Topfit screwed up. First, they only sent me the charging phone holder, not the rubber one, but it was non-functional. Since it didn't open up on touch, I couldn't get my phone into it, much less charge it.

When I complained, they sent me a replacement, but not of the broken part, just everything else. It was an entire unit, with the rubber phone holder but without the charging one. This did nothing for me.

Frankly, I don't think they understand English well enough to grasp what my problem is. They've promised again to send the replacement, so we'll see.

The other problem, at least for me, is that the sunglasses holder is this silicone rubber that's too slick for adhesives to work on. I tried to stick one of the metal plates that come with the Dragy into the bottom of the holder so that it'd be firmly in place, but it slid right off. I guess I could stick the plate onto some cardboard and jam it into the holder.

This hasn't worked out for me, mainly because Topfit screwed up. First, they only sent me the charging phone holder, not the rubber one, but it was non-functional. Since it didn't open up on touch, I couldn't get my phone into it, much less charge it.

Similar experience with this and the video.

I ordered this back in early March from amazon, almost three weeks before I got the car. It was also $30 at the time and advertised for the Model 3, no reviews. I figured the Y is the same. When I got the mount, the touch opening function was gimmicky and wireless charger didn't charge my phone (iphone 11 plus), I think because my phone was too big for their original mount. When I took off the plastic screen mount, it scratched off one side of the screen paint and left a mark (like in the video). I didn't even bother to reach out to their support, I returned it the next day.

Now I see it's $53 on amazon, quite a price increase. I'm sure they made some improvements to the mount but I realized that most phone mounts defeat the minimalist look on the dash and made it feel cluttered. I also realized how distracted I used to be with my phone while driving. A phone mount would be useful for a long road trip though or if I need Waze during traffic but for now I just leave the phone on the wireless charger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Electric Steve
Similar experience with this and the video.

I ordered this back in early March from amazon, almost three weeks before I got the car. It was also $30 at the time and advertised for the Model 3, no reviews. I figured the Y is the same. When I got the mount, the touch opening function was gimmicky and wireless charger didn't charge my phone (iphone 11 plus), I think because my phone was too big for their original mount. When I took off the plastic screen mount, it scratched off one side of the screen paint and left a mark (like in the video). I didn't even bother to reach out to their support, I returned it the next day.

Now I see it's $53 on amazon, quite a price increase. I'm sure they made some improvements to the mount but I realized that most phone mounts defeat the minimalist look on the dash and made it feel cluttered. I also realized how distracted I used to be with my phone while driving. A phone mount would be useful for a long road trip though or if I need Waze during traffic but for now I just leave the phone on the wireless charger.
One nice thing about it is that, once you put that frame over the screen, you can just leave it there and remove the phone holder and/or the sunglasses holder. Although the latter isn't even visible while driving.