Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Torn Between Dual Motor LR and Performance [resolved]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had long range ordered... But we flip flopping during that wait... So to try and get the faster delivery dates, I went m3p.... Long story short, I got the long range before my performance.... I gave that one up and decided to wait a bit longer for my performance since I ordered a month later... It came a couple weeks after. I'm happy with the extra power, and the minor things like wheel and brake upgrades

Reactions: Arthur1116
That's weird, the white LR AWD has red underline badge just like a Performance.

That's an unfortunate editing mistake, that shot is from a different car. They must have forgotten to take some shots of the rear of the LR and edited in a totally different car while hoping no one would notice.

In other parts of the video, the underline isn't there on the LR.

Reactions: Arctic_White
That is true, but how many are getting the car to drag race? Still not going to get close the 0-60 time.
A boosted LR though will troll just about any other car. Its super rare that they would line up against a faster car (or at least more accessible speed given how easy it is to launch). Honestly, i've lined up against lambos and GTRs and pretty much smoked them as they didn't use launch control (I have a Performance). The only car i got beat badly was against a P100D...that was ugly.

A boosted LR though will troll just about any other car. Its super rare that they would line up against a faster car (or at least more accessible speed given how easy it is to launch). Honestly, i've lined up against lambos and GTRs and pretty much smoked them as they didn't use launch control (I have a Performance). The only car i got beat badly was against a P100D...that was ugly.
That isn't the point, I'm not out dragging my car, not anymore anyway, but I do like to punch it and feel the zero to 60. A boosted LR is not going to compare.

Tesla is actually pretty measured in how they've segmented the trim levels. Basically, the Performance has as much of the range of the LR, as the LR has as much the performance of the Performance. Meaning that both the Performance and LR+Boost definitely already have plenty of performance and range, but just enough difference to accommodate personal taste. This is, of course, assuming that tires and climate are non-factors in the comparison.

Reactions: Arctic_White
Had the same head and heart issue. But I always go down the middle on BMW's had 5 previous z4s always the mid as the cost to go 0.5 seconds never sold it so 2.5 straight 6. Then got a 3l straight 6 and soon got rid as the fuel consumption vs practicality was mad. Last z4 was again middle now 4 pot 2l but turbo but now faster and better MPG on the last 4 even the 3l.

Last car was a BMW M240 (3l turbo) so nearest to M2 but a soft top and not quite the same as M4 but compared to my new 3LR the M240 is way to skittery any signs of damp and traction or wheel spin and then the turbo spin up lag. Tyre depth is also critical. If you ran in sports mode and it drives in lower gears sounds good but hard work but you get the response or too much as it allows a bit more rear slip. This was rated 0-60 in at 4.5s.
3LR no signs of of any traction issue and just plant the peddle and it goes, no loss in time down shifting and turbos spin up.
I would have thought the M3 would be more skittery.

Now do I pay for the boost.... and get down to 3.5

Reactions: SlimJim
Yeah....I switched to a red/black performance model. For no logical reason. I just didn't want to regret it later. I'm positive the LR AWD would have been perfect, but if I came across a performance on the street, I would have been jealous. That's sooooo immature but that's the truth of it! I must say that I am much more at peace with my decision after making the change. Now.....If they would just call get it to me!!!!!
@toddkageals having read thru this thread, I find myself almost exactly where you were back in December 2020. Completely torn. I don’t need it, but will I regret not going after it? My reasons are quite juvenile. I see that you seized the day and went with performance. Are you happy with it? Is the ride rough? I don‘t need a luxury ride, but I also don’t want to get the crap beat out of me every day either. I have test driven an AWD and I am happy with that suspension.