Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Total Mileage Thus Far

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, noticed quite a bit back. Also found it a little odd that the doors would be unlocked while driving.

Also, nobody I know leaves the UI on "Ideal" for the range units.

Having gotten my eye teeth on electric vehicles in the RAV4EV, I got used to thinking in percentage of charge remaining. The RAV got about 10 miles per charge for every mark on the battery meter showing on the dash, so it was automatic to think "5 marks, got 50 miles left".

With the Model S meter, 300 ideal range is easy to mentally convert to percentages: "200 miles left: used about 2/3 of the pack", or some such. Since I can and do often get over 300 miles per charge, the ideal range is more ideal for me. Lifetime watt hours per mile is standing at 308, and that's living in some fairly steep hills over 1000 ft above the valley.

And my doors are unlocked while driving. Don't know anyone who can run fast enough to match the S acceleration! For that matter, my house is unlocked, my garage is unlocked. I never lock the Prius *and* leave the key in it. Please, someone, steal the Prius! No luck. We live in a low crime area, I guess.

urybezap.jpg

Happy one year (delivery date) birthday, BadA**.

I don't know which number evokes more emotion in me right now.

Could some of you with larger mileage numbers let us know what your max range charge is? It'd be nice to start learning what we can expect when we hit 30,40,50k miles or more.

In a way, this isn't useful because there is a time degradation with LiIon batteries. So the degradation that someone who puts on 40k/year has isn't going to be the same (at 40k) as the person who puts on 5K per year.

Could some of you with larger mileage numbers let us know what your max range charge is? It'd be nice to start learning what we can expect when we hit 30,40,50k miles or more.

I have 33.5k and I accidently range once charged last week (forgot to reset it lower after warming the battery up earlier in the day) and hit 255 miles and was still charging as I unplugged it to run some errands. I know the last time I range charged before that I was still hitting 265 miles. That was around 26k miles though.