Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Total Mileage Thus Far

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've driven far less than most here: about 1200 miles in three weeks. However, that compares to driving my Roadster 3700 miles in 18 months, so about 30x more driving. What impresses me is how the Model S instantly became the primary car for the house, taking a bunch of miles away from the Honda Odyssey and the BMW 535 GT. Even though my wife loves her BMW and finds some annoying "misses" in the MS, it's still become the first choice when we go anywhere together.

No issues at all on my car so far.

I'm not sure what to make of it, but I *have* seen the maximum numbers for standard and range charge go down. It used to be 273 and 242 and now they are 263 and 238. But it's not like they slowly dropped to this. It seemed to happen at once, so it might have been coincident with the 2.4 software update, but I think I've seen postings from people on this forum who have 2.4 and still get the old numbers. My annual inspection is on 5/3, so maybe I'll know more.

My standard charge is always around 238 miles.

My 1000 miles.

100_5614.JPG

Last edited:
Well there's an exception to every rule...

4,400 miles ...

3 12v batteries (finally solved on #3)
Coolant leak (seal failure)
Firmware update issues (handles would not retract)
A few rattles (otherwise solved by me or SC)

I'm at about 1000 to, picked up in April (I work two blocks from where I live), so for now a low-mileage guy.

Steve841: I've had similar problems:
-Flatbeded twice, w/battery issues - 2 12V batteries (car is getting it's second as we speak) and 1 HV battery replaced.

Hopeful that we're through the tough period so far, b/c when I have the car it is incredible. The cerebral similarities to a TIVO (brain knows something amazing is happening, but has trouble processing it; instead just chalks it up to awesomeness), visceral similarities to nothing. Just purely amazing drive.