Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Total Mileage Thus Far

Mar 11, 2010
Humboldt/Los Altos
~ 8000 miles in 4.5 months. had an inconsistently retracting drivers door handle replaced early on

i have seen a door pop open right after it was closed. I think the new handles should solve any issues like this

Last edited:

rlawson4

Nov 24, 2011
Atlanta Georgia
10200 since 12-1-12. But the car sat 6 weeks while I was in Colorado (3, two week intervals). So, I have been driving a lot. I have had no major issues. I switched from the 21 inch wheels to the 19" wheels because of a tire blow out. I cannot afford to be stuck out there.

Last edited:

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
7400 miles in about 5 months

-- Cracked windshield fixed
-- Alignment issue, still present :(

Overall, I feel I've been pretty fortunate.

gg_got_a_tesla

Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913
Jan 29, 2010
Redwood Shores, CA
5,300 miles in 3 months.

Haven't been bothered to go to a service center for anything at all. No rattles, squeaks, nothing.

Just a sporadic TPMS service message that goes away soon after; that can wait for the "annual" that looks to be a lot sooner than 9 months from now!

Jason S

Model S Sig Perf (P85)
Apr 20, 2012
Rocklin, CA
8000 miles in 6 months.

Had a rattle in passenger side near windshield. Pressed on the spot and it went away. Can't recall anything else other than self inflicted curb rash.

jomo25

Mar 16, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
52 miles in 3.5 days. Which means I've driven only 37 miles. Averaging 10 miles a day. OK, I'm not ever gonna make any money back up in the gas-electricity cost differential at that rate :)

See, this is why I wanted the Model S to deliver BEFORE the baby!

Kidding aside, perhaps a "miles driven" column can be added to the delivery spreadsheet. Individuals can intermittently update it. It will help determine an average of some sorts per car per month, and we can try to obtain the total Model S miles per the OP...Unless Tesla is willing to help us with this (as in Voltstats.net)...

K Hall

Jan 3, 2013
Kansas City
5,000 miles since Jan 17th. 2 Door handles sticking, resolved with software upgrade. Key Fob wearing on top. Other than that its been a solid car.

nrcooled

P#8946 VIN 03225
May 22, 2012
NoVA
4500 miles and 4.4 made my fan run constantly. A hard reset and all was well. No real issues thus far and the car has been perfect.

aviators99

Model S - R140
Jan 1, 2010
Weston, Florida, United States
Is anyone noticing a consistent decline in battery pack capacity yet?

I'm not sure what to make of it, but I *have* seen the maximum numbers for standard and range charge go down. It used to be 273 and 242 and now they are 263 and 238. But it's not like they slowly dropped to this. It seemed to happen at once, so it might have been coincident with the 2.4 software update, but I think I've seen postings from people on this forum who have 2.4 and still get the old numbers. My annual inspection is on 5/3, so maybe I'll know more.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Took delivery mid-November. Image from last night.

Odometer5000.png

(5000 mi)

kevincwelch

May 13, 2012
Chicagoland
1,025 miles.

Alignment/balance -- pulls to right
Right passenger front door handle -- door popped open once
Rattle in B pillar -- constant
Rattle near dash/front driver door area -- periodic (bumpy roads)
Carpet pegs/nails popped out after folding down second row seats
Couple computer resets

Have an appointment next week at Chicago to see what they can fix.

Otherwise, silent as the grave and fast as hell.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Maybe we need to start a highest lifetime average energy with 2000+ miles.
Not sure if that was directed at me or not, but I think we had a report of someone averaging over 600 recently. Definitely not a competition.

I blame it on the terrain. Here's my daily commute (with ~2 miles off the chart to the left). This is a capture from today, which was one of the most efficient Wh/mi I've seen for a daily work roundtrip:
DailyRoundTrip2.png

And no, I'm not going 5mph at the 14 min mark and 130mph at the 2 min mark. There's a hill involved. :) Today we had 50+ F weather and partly sunny.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC