TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Totaled Cars

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Coolguytex, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Coolguytex

Coolguytex Member

I understand this is not a subject people like talking about but I am doing a research project for school and I am wondering where is the best place to find the price of a totalled tesla and what do you think is a reasonable price for one. As well as a good place to reach people with these cars if they want to get rid of it. This includes all models and all damage. Thanks for your time!

2. Takumi

Takumi Member

3. Watts Son

Watts Son Member

I'd call an auto insurance company and climb(descend?) the chain of command to find out who they sell them to in your city. Auto dismantlers usually end up with them but you will pay a premium if you don't get it whole from the insurance co.

4. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

The two places that most salvages end up is either Copart or IAAI. The prices vary all over the place depending on the damage. A burnt out car with basically no usable parts left on it will go for practically nothing, while a high spec car with little damage can go for close to $50k. Be vary wary of buying a car from these places, particualrly Copart's 'Enhanced vehicles', as they are all sold as is and the pictures can be very deceiving.