Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Totaled or not

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Y’all have great observations! I was reluctant to rewatch it since it’s kinda traumatic to me personally. I just wanted to get it over with.

I feel for you. Many years ago I was rear ended on the highway at 2am by someone who fell asleep. For the next year I was paranoid every time I saw a car approaching me from behind.

What made it worse was my car was totaled because it was older. But it was in really good shape for its age, however the book value doesn't care. Finding a replacement in as good of shape for the amount I received was impossible.

Reactions: buckets0fun
This made me think, having once been rear-ended by another vehicle doing 60mph, over 30yrs ago, I automatically look in my rearview mirror when coming to a stop to make sure any vehicle behind me also shows that they are slowing.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could have the 3 rear cams automatically come on the display? Make it an option like Joe Mode? Like SlimJim mentioned there seem to be a rash of rear-ended 3s lately. Whether it's at speed, or even those odd situations where distracted drivers let their feet off the brake and creep forward. Even better would be if the car gave you an alert if the car behind was creeping while you are stopped. Anyway, that's my thought this morning.

Y’all have great observations! I was reluctant to rewatch it since it’s kinda traumatic to me personally. I just wanted to get it over with.

After seeing that, I am just glad you are ok enough to be posting on a message board. Back on the thread topic, in the many threads on this topic that we have here, your vehicle has more damage than most. We have seen pics of model 3s with less damage that were totaled, so hopefully that is the outcome here as well.