Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ToughPro floor mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that the weather has cleared up I am OK with using the Tesla mats for a while, but I did just order these:

TRAPMATS

Not necessarily ALL weather, but looks like they will fix my issue which is all the little pebbles and such making it to the edges of the mats, so I cannot just remove the mats to clean out the floor. I then have to vacuum out the floor underneath. Probably trap a lot of snow and mud too. Hope they arrive by next winter.

-Randy

Now that the weather has cleared up I am OK with using the Tesla mats for a while, but I did just order these:

TRAPMATS

Not necessarily ALL weather, but looks like they will fix my issue which is all the little pebbles and such making it to the edges of the mats, so I cannot just remove the mats to clean out the floor. I then have to vacuum out the floor underneath. Probably trap a lot of snow and mud too. Hope they arrive by next winter.

-Randy

This project is pretty old and looks dead. Link

I’ll hold out for the weather tech
Called them, they are testing and will be available in 8-10 wks. Just love them in our x and rubicon

I called them again today and they told me 1-2 weeks and were going to QA for final testing shortly. They had originally said 8-10 weeks which was mid March.
I got the impression Tesla would be selling the floor liners first just like they are doing now with the trunk/frunk cargo mats.

I called them again today and they told me 1-2 weeks and were going to QA for final testing shortly. They had originally said 8-10 weeks which was mid March.
I got the impression Tesla would be selling the floor liners first just like they are doing now with the trunk/frunk cargo mats.

Heres hoping its soon as Id prefer to get the top quality ones off the jump, as opposed to having to purchase some interim solution out of paranoia for the floors getting messed up! ;)

I just bought mats from WeatherTech that supposedly would work for the Model 3, and they are do not fit at all. I was disappointed to say the least.

Attachments

• IMG_20180930_115522.jpg
    IMG_20180930_115522.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 100
Does anybody use their toughpro mats on top of the OEM carpet mats the manufacturer on Amazon's says to? I didn't read directions and just took out the oems. I'm asking because I haven't really driven or had passengers since putting the toughpros in and am wondering how it works not being on top. It looks fine to me.

Does anybody use their toughpro mats on top of the OEM carpet mats the manufacturer on Amazon's says to? I didn't read directions and just took out the oems. I'm asking because I haven't really driven or had passengers since putting the toughpros in and am wondering how it works not being on top. It looks fine to me.
Thats weird, no I ditched the oem carpets and placed the toughpro right in the floor

Thats weird, no I ditched the oem carpets and placed the toughpro right in the floor

Front and rear passenger OEM mats, I removed.
Trunk, none to remove.
Trunk storage, none to remove.
Frunk, placed on top of OEM mat.

I placed the ToughPRO mats on top of OEM carpet mats, but I don't like how they slide around and expose the edges of the OEM carpet mats. I'm going to start putting them directly on floor.
Hmm, mine match the OEM mats exactly. So much so that I think they used them as the template for the front. I can cover the OEM mats exactly with the tough pros. No sliding around either. Maybe I lucked out.