Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Bar and Charger Storage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've sent an email to Tesla regarding lack of storage and bracketry for the tow bar in the frunk, and the charger in the trunk. It just seems to me that a $100K+ car should have some kind of storage compartment with brackets for these items that are just provided loose with the MX.

I just installed my tow hitch before I even left the store at time of delivery, even though I will not be towing with my X..... If somebody rear ends me, good luck to them, the case and the hitch cover plate, I just tucked it away in my garage. As far as the charging cable pouch goes, the Gen 2 square pouch has velcro on the back, that allows it to stay on the carpeted area of the trunk or frunk and doesn't left it slide around.... Then I can easily pull it out and open it when I need to use the unit....

I don't think OP was talking about the tow hitch receiver. I think it was the black metal stick with the loop in the front for the tow truck to tow the MX. It is in my frunk too along with the bag of windshield mesh. As for the UMC, it is at my garage. I only carry the J1772 connector in the car in case there is no supercharger. I don't think the UMC will do much good as it won't be easy to find a 240V outlet outside and the 110V is so slow.

Reactions: Sgadhia
My UMC bag has 2 sides, a mesh side that has the cable and my adapters and a non-mesh side that has an elastic loop that the tow hook fits nicely inside. That's where I store mine.

I keep my UMC bag in the frunk because I rarely use it (I have installed a HWPC at home). I also stuck 2 strips of Velcro (male-side) on the back of the UMC bag so that it stays in place in my frunk.

My umc bag is in the trunk. I found the best spot for the tow bar is in the frunk. At the front of the frunk there is a bit of a hole there. I have the tesla frunk liner and it doesn't go into that hole area. It just keeps the tow bar secured in there