Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Towing Package?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section as it could also go in the Order Section. I'm a 2021 Model Y LR AWD owner and also have a Cybertruck Tri-Motor on order. I was thinking of selling the Model Y and ordering a Model X Plaid. I'm not sure about it yet but it is a consideration. When I go to the order page of the Model Y, it gives you the choice to add the Towing package to your order.. I don't see such option on the Model X or Model X Plaid.
Is the towing package included in ALL Model X? If not, how can you add it to the order?

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section as it could also go in the Order Section. I'm a 2021 Model Y LR AWD owner and also have a Cybertruck Tri-Motor on order. I was thinking of selling the Model Y and ordering a Model X Plaid. I'm not sure about it yet but it is a consideration. When I go to the order page of the Model Y, it gives you the choice to add the Towing package to your order.. I don't see such option on the Model X or Model X Plaid.
Is the towing package included in ALL Model X? If not, how can you add it to the order?
The tow package was standard on the pre-refresh Model X after 2017 or so. It must be noted somewhere on the product page.

The tow package was standard on the pre-refresh Model X after 2017 or so. It must be noted somewhere on the product page.
I looked through the product page and it says that it has 5000 lbs towing capacity but it does not specifically say that it comes with a tow hitch receiver.. Maybe I'll just call or e-mail them to ask. If it's included would be nice. I really love my Model Y but I really would want the PLAID performance.. Decisions... Decisions..

Just installed ours on our 2022 X today. Included and in the frunk when delivered. I also Dremeled the plastic cover since the cut line from the rear now looks bad without the cover installed. If we need the wiring, we'll pull the cover off.
C4D2FA9E-6197-4FE3-A6E3-7F01929717B8.jpeg

08DE9144-73C6-467E-A85D-0264B822D0AB.jpeg

Just installed ours on our 2022 X today. Included and in the frunk when delivered. I also Dremeled the plastic cover since the cut line from the rear now looks bad without the cover installed. If we need the wiring, we'll pull the cover off.
View attachment 751169
View attachment 751170

Looks great. Any chance you can stencil you cut and/or put measurements for it so that others can do same job as you. I really like the look of what you did.