Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toyota's confusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A) If batteries keep collapsing in price/progress is made in Zinc batteries, EVs get very attractive for the lower end.

B) Natural gas fuel cells have also made huge increases. A CNG fuel cell, driving an electric drivetrain, would be very good.

So you really have no idea about Land Cruisers. Fair enough.
I knew how to drive it, how to fill it, how to put in the oil, how to refill the brake fluid, how to change the flat tires, how to replace the air filter. Took it into the shop when the clutch burned out, took it into the shop when the emergency brake froze and wouldn't work, took it into the shop when the pipe to the muffler rusted through, took it into the shop when the electrical system burned out and the cops pulled me over for having no tail lights. Other miscellaneous stuff.

I wasn't a fanboi.

They did make 40 series diesels, just not an "FJ" since those all got gas engines... the BJ40 got diesels though... HJ40s too.

His would have to be a B since he said 4 cylinder....

Oh yes. I have owned over a dozen F, 2F, B, 3B and 2H.
Just pointing out that Toyota never made an FJ with a diesel. I bet the OP doesn't know the series diesel he had, or much about it.
Or that a nice 3B 40 can sell for 40k+.

Reactions: coleAK
He also says regulation may be the only driver of hydrogen fuel cells, which the No.1 Japanese automaker is a keen proponent of. “It’s going to be difficult for us to continue to push” fuel cells as “it’s difficult to see if and when we’re ever going to reach peak oil.”

I thought this was pretty telling, finally "sort" of admitting fuels cells are a waste of time. Horribly inefficient at this point. They do make some sense as far as fleet trucks, but we'll see.

Cognitively deficient comment by the CEO.
And by that, I don’t view Tesla products as luxury products. Those of us who only separate the world between luxury and non-luxury, we’re missing the point.
I guess this strikes me as something that's not widely perceived, that luxury products are 'Veblen Goods', skin deep luxury and with little or no substance beyond the veneer. A veneer of so called 'luxury' is what an irrational emotional buyer would call luxury to pull himself out of inferiority complex. :D

Last edited: