Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track Mode Rolling out Today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because the car is heavy. Wear and tear on the suspension components, brake pads/rotors will still be significant if you track a lot. I'm curious if the brake fluid is also DOT4 to prevent boiling. The only place that you can really repair is the Tesla ,which is costly.

Model 3 is about 4000 pounds, BMW M3 is ~3500 pounds. That's much more manageable than the 5000 pound Model S. Also, the suspension components are scaled to handle a larger load so i'm not sure its valid to say they would wear faster.

Unfortunately the stock brake fluid is DOT 3, but you can easily change that yourself.

I was ok with not having it when it was a $5000 option. Now it's free, and I still don't have my car but have to pay the same as everyone else that gets these free upgrades. Yes I'm Salty.

When you buy gas this week and its more expensive next week do you ask for a refund?
When you buy a house and the market crashes, making your house worth less do you ask for a refund?
When you go out to the movie in the evening, do you ask for a refund the next matinee?
When you buy a car in the first month of availability do you ask for a refund when the next model year comes along in a month and the current model is discounted?
When you buy a first run of an expensive phone/computer ect. then ask for a refund when the black Friday sale comes along?

The look of entitlement isn't a good look. Tesla owes you a working car at the price you agreed to. You are currently driving their courtesy loaner while they fix yours so they are making good on that. If they give refunds to anyone its a boon, not an entitlement.

When you buy gas this week and its more expensive next week do you ask for a refund?
When you buy a house and the market crashes, making your house worth less do you ask for a refund?
When you go out to the movie in the evening, do you ask for a refund the next matinee?
When you buy a car in the first month of availability do you ask for a refund when the next model year comes along in a month and the current model is discounted?
When you buy a first run of an expensive phone/computer ect. then ask for a refund when the black Friday sale comes along?

The look of entitlement isn't a good look. Tesla owes you a working car at the price you agreed to. You are currently driving their courtesy loaner while they fix yours so they are making good on that. If they give refunds to anyone its a boon, not an entitlement.

You would feel differently if you were in my shoes. People are driving away in upgraded cars for less money while mine sits in the shop because I didn't reject the car for the second time. Then they offer to refund people who had to pay more while never offering anything to those who did not get the upgrade.

5k is the trade in cost for my chevy volt that I no longer have, this isn't a tank of gas and has nothing to do with the economy and interest rates vs housing costs debacle. This has nothing to do with new things coming along a year or 1/2 year later. I don't even have my car. And I never said tesla owed me anything, but I don't have to be happy about the way they are running their deliveries and pricing. I can't afford to sell my car now, heck it's still at the body shop getting a bunch of panels straightened and repainted and doors adjust so they can close, but you can all feel free to block me if you are that disturbed by my posts.

Because the car is heavy. Wear and tear on the suspension components, brake pads/rotors will still be significant if you track a lot. I'm curious if the brake fluid is also DOT4 to prevent boiling. The only place that you can really repair is the Tesla ,which is costly.
You know I don't know why folks say this. BMW M3 is only about 200 lbs less.

4nJyU4F.jpg

xebL2Xf.jpg