Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track Mode Rolling out Today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah they are going to pour salt on the wound of those P3D- people like myself. They obviously don't want me to ever buy another tesla. It would be more profitable to make you buy a new car to get track mode after all.

It was very clear when track mode was released, that it wasn't going to work for the smaller brake cousins, at least not without modifications or upgrades. Tesla also said there would be an upgrade possible to get the larger brakes and other components if any to make track mode available to the P3D- crowd.

You ordered at the same time as I did, if you wanted track mode you should have followed the path to it.

For the P3D- owners what would you think of these options:
  • $3k refund but no track mode
  • $2.5k charge to upgrade to the PUP with track mode with 20" wheels/tires. (You get to keep, and sell, the Aero wheels/tires that your car came with since you could no longer use them.)
  • Free upgrade to the PUP with track mode if you have already upgraded to PUP compatible wheels/tires.
I think all of those would be reasonable options for Tesla to offer...

It was very clear when track mode was released, that it wasn't going to work for the smaller brake cousins, at least not without modifications or upgrades. Tesla also said there would be an upgrade possible to get the larger brakes and other components if any to make track mode available to the P3D- crowd.

You ordered at the same time as I did, if you wanted track mode you should have followed the path to it.
I was ok with not having it when it was a $5000 option. Now it's free, and I still don't have my car but have to pay the same as everyone else that gets these free upgrades. Yes I'm Salty.

So the P3D- cars appear to be left out. (At least at this time.) My guess is that the brakes just aren't up to the task. (Not to mention the stock tires.)

Is there any official confirmation of this? Last I heard, Elon stated that all Performance cars (presumably all Performance model 3) will get track mode:

0lxvvaK.jpg

I do wonder if Motor Trend is operating on old data there

Reactions: Jtt777
Is there any official confirmation of this? Last I heard, Elon stated that all Performance cars (presumably all Performance model 3) will get track mode:

0lxvvaK.jpg

I do wonder if Motor Trend is operating on old data there
I think it will be available after a $7500 upgrade plus the 5k we already paid.

I don't think Elon considered the P3d- a performance car, only the cars with the performance upgrade package.

How so? Brake pads, some tires and some fluids. Not terrible.

Yup, 42.8 seems super likely.

Because the car is heavy. Wear and tear on the suspension components, brake pads/rotors will still be significant if you track a lot. I'm curious if the brake fluid is also DOT4 to prevent boiling. The only place that you can really repair is the Tesla ,which is costly.