Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track Mode Rolling out Today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d bet many wouldn’t have justified paying the vast majority of the price bump over AWD to be considered AWD+ and get left out of bonus features.
why? its literally the awd with a faster 0-60 and nothing else.

the real PERFORMANCE model comes with upgraded wheels, brakes, suspension, and now software. how could anyone think that a car without the real upgraded parts would be able to do the same things in terms of the amount of laps you can get out before things start crapping out

Reactions: P85_DA and kbM3
why? its literally the awd with a faster 0-60 and nothing else.

the real PERFORMANCE model comes with upgraded wheels, brakes, suspension, and now software. how could anyone think that a car without the real upgraded parts would be able to do the same things in terms of the amount of laps you can get out before things start crapping out
I here ya point. But many manufacturers make stripped down performance models as they know the enthusiast will swap many parts to make track worthy. Not saying that is what Tesla was implying, just saying.

I ordered my P3D- the day track mode was announced because track mode was announced. I didn't get the PUP upgrade because those wheels were 4k in the shop and I didn't want them, I wanted to buy my own. If it was clear that track mode wasn't going to be included in the Performance model, I wouldn't have ordered it. The fact that if I hadn't put a deposit on the car day 1 and got my invite to configure early means I would have gotten everything for the same price is pouring salt on the wound.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and Jedi2155

@CFrolander There is official confirmation now.

Nope, look at the screenshot that was posted just above your post:

261566cf-67bb-4661-acc0-20604977edf0-jpeg.350972
Bummer. I just want an autocross mode... Maybe us AWD and AWD+ owners can demand one! Don't need big brakes for autocross.

• Informative
Reactions: clostridium
Model 3 is about 4000 pounds, BMW M3 is ~3500 pounds. That's much more manageable than the 5000 pound Model S. Also, the suspension components are scaled to handle a larger load so i'm not sure its valid to say they would wear faster.

Unfortunately the stock brake fluid is DOT 3, but you can easily change that yourself.

Not sure why you wanted to compare to a model S which is a real boat. The M3 isn't a great track car either. It's also considered bloaty as well.
M
You know I don't know why folks say this. BMW M3 is only about 200 lbs less.

Only 200 pounds lol.... Based on the previous guy it's closer than 500. But the fact that you think 200 is nothing speaks for itself. I assume you don't track cars.

Not sure why you wanted to compare to a model S which is a real boat. The M3 isn't a great track car either. It's also considered bloaty as well.

Just showing how the 3 is closer to the M3 than the S, i was fairly surprised by that fact myself. I agree that technically you will have more brake and tire wear, but i don't think its really super appreciable/worth worrying about.