Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track Mode Rolling out Today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
still no track mode. To me, the most aggravating thing is there does not seem to be a mechanism to ask Tesla if it is coming or is my car misclassified. Email go unanswered, questions using the my Tesla sight go unanswered. I stopped by the Tesla service facility and they were nice but absolutely clueless...and a " we can't roll out updates anyways" I do not think they were even aware that track mode had been released. Really just looking for an " its all good" from somebody who knows.

I guess I'll just drive either 145 or 155 mph to work today to find out how the car is classified.

Still do not have it here either and we do have PUP. Guess with it being winter I am not too bothered right now, too cold here for Track Mode and will be putting on the winter wheels and tires shortly anyway.

Agree...not in a hurry to get it, and hearing others with PUP not having it gives me assurances that all is good.

P100D, X100D and P3D+ ....dang! Post pictures of your Model Y, Tesla Pickup, Tesla Semi. and Roadster when they arrive. You are my hero!

Reactions: NewTMSMan
I haven’t received it yet and I have the PUP too. Hopefully, I will receive it soon as I do want to try it out at the local autocross and track when I decide which set of track wheels to get.

I thought I got it the “track mode” update the other day but it was only the update from 42.2 to 42.2.1.

• Helpful
Reactions: heems
I haven’t received it yet and I have the PUP too. Hopefully, I will receive it soon as I do want to try it out at the local autocross and track when I decide which set of track wheels to get.

I thought I got it the “track mode” update the other day but it was only the update from 42.2 to 42.2.1.

Funny I got that same update last week, and I also thought I would be getting Track Mode then as well.

I have track mode on my P3D+. I tried it on an empty (abandoned) straight road and there's definitely a difference in the 1/8 mile. I plan to head to the track soon and plan share results.

That's interesting if true. From what I've heard/read, track mode should not make straight-line acceleration runs any faster. It might, in fact, make them slower, as it adds additional battery/motor cooling the moment it is enabled. It is mostly aimed at endurance and cornering.

Reactions: kbecks13
Nearby, the Tesla engineers have more of a look of cool relief. Earlier, a Model 3 Performance—software-flashed with its latest Track mode nervous system and mounted with 10mm-wider Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s and track-friendly Brembo brake pads—had lapped the course in a 1:21.49. That hammers the 1:23.90 it set six weeks ago on its standard 235/35-20 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires under the software supervision of Track mode's earlier, wobblier prototype code.

This might have been mentioned, but does anyone know what size tires they used, so we can order them for ourselves? 245/ 35 R20? or 245/30 R20? The first one is closer in diameter to stock. There are a lot of size options for these tires on Tirerack.