Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track Tire/wheel Set Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reluctantly order a set of Dekagram 19x9.5 Profile B - finally test fitted them this morning, and they do clear the front calipers, just barely, with around 5mm space between the spokes and the caliper.

View attachment 523454 View attachment 523455

do they clear the rears?

my rims (XXR559) clear the front calipers but kinda not really i had to grind my caliper to make it fit on the rear

They are. But my point is that @dance.parrot should make sure to test fit the rear as well since I actually struggled there more

Thanks for the suggestion - rears clear the Dekagram 19x9.5 Profile B with room to spare.

fit3.jpg

Do you have pics of how it looks on the car?
I don't have the tires mounted yet. Here's the test-fit photo in a poorly lit environment (the white lip is just plastic for protection during transport).
fit4.jpg

I run Trofeo's. They were $356/tire on tirerack and they heat cycled them for me, so not bad at all in my opinion for the class of tire.
To follow up on this, I've done 5-6 track days on my Trofeo's now and maybe 1000 street miles, and have been really satisfied. I still might try Cup 2's next just to compare, but it will probably depend on which is cheaper. The Trofeo's price seem to fluctuate a lot on tirerack.

I can get 1.4G's out of them consistently and they are lighter (24lbs) and wider (9.9" tread) than similarly sized tires (265/35/19).

Hot lap from a recent track day:

Went with 18x9.5+35 Dekagram Type A on P3D-.

Reused stock lugnuts with a non-impact socket, carefully... An impact socket would have been impossible to use. Maybe a good theft deterrent? lol

73.1 to 64.1mm hub ring on order. Installed without them for now. The bigger M14 studs just being in the holes do almost center the wheel .
IMG_1446.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/BLOXSPORT-directly-Aluminum-hubcentric-vehicle/dp/B072PL8YLQ

No wheel spacers... The front inside wheel lip is so close to the vertical from arm! Amazed it fits.

Reactions: destructure00
Ok I just test fit and weighed the enkei raijin and the konig dekagram both in 18x9.5 +35. As previously reported the enkei fits the performance brakes but needs a slight grind on the rear caliper and possibly a tiny front spacer. The dekagram bolts right up with no need for rear caliper grinding and only a spacer needed in the front for larger tire sizes. The dekagram is also a flow formed wheel so it's good quality and it's also lighter:

Enkei Raijin 21.115lbs
Konig Dekagram 20.590lbs

Konig Dekagram Semi-Matte Black Wheels DK98514355
I bought the dekagrams in this size but the rear grinds a tiny bit on the caliper and also on this ear I posted
20200522_201133.jpg

They are the A profile for sure. I think that knuckle was hitting a wheel weight and the caliper was barely grinding the inner barrel. Going back out to try againedit* went back out and pretty sure the rear caliper is hitting a wheel weight in the middle of it and just barely touching the wheel in the back part of caliper. and the front wheel is just barely rubbing knuckle at the top. Looks like a small spacer is needed in front. Probably the thinnest spacer would even work. The 19 and up wouldn't have the issue because of the way the knuckle curves the higher diameter the more space you have there

Last edited: