Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like everyone's DS is a bit more amenable then mine. Took me emailing her when I saw that my S85 showed "In Production" and then two days for an email response before she confirmed it. It's like pulling teeth to get information out of her :/

Anyways.... my S85 went into production on Friday 2/13, hoping to get it delivered to Scottsdale by the end of the month.

Sean

I finally heard back, apparently it's still in Paint... So it'll probably still be a while

I'm beginning to believe "still in paint" is Tesla's code words for "it's delayed and we don't know why and if we did know why we wouldn't tell you anyway"

Paint is just an area they are currently constrained in. They reduced the number of colors (and the black roof) in November to increase production efficiency. Presumably to reduce downtime due to color swaps. We know they're putting in a new paint shop this summer. All of this screams to me that Tesla knows their production was being slowed by paint and are taking steps to resolve it.

As Tesla has speed up in other areas the paint has become more and more of a problem and so it's become more and more visible to us. There are some rare cases where they pull cars that are painted but they aren't ready to run through general assembly. That actually happened to my car but the DS said it was very unusual.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like everyone's DS is a bit more amenable then mine. Took me emailing her when I saw that my S85 showed "In Production" and then two days for an email response before she confirmed it. It's like pulling teeth to get information out of her :/

Anyways.... my S85 went into production on Friday 2/13, hoping to get it delivered to Scottsdale by the end of the month.

I gave up on emailing them. I just call. I don't leave messages and I keep trying when I have a few minutes until I get them on the phone.

I'm with you on the in paint line. Bresar- any update on your part? It's getting to be a bit ridiculous... one day ok but I feel it for you I'm losing it waiting over here

I got an email saying the part shipped last night. I replied back and asked for the tracking number saying that I'd like to stare at reloading the page for it but never got a reply. They estimated receiving the part this afternoon.

As I mentioned I saw the car, it's very much not ready for delivery, so I'm guessing at least a day after the part arrives to have the car ready. So based on the part arriving this afternoon I'd bet on Thursday sometime.

This was the state of my car around noon yesterday. I doubt it'll change much until they have the part.

IMG_20150216_123406g.jpeg

IMG_20150216_123507g.jpeg

Last edited: