Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm my order is still in the Queue even though my delivery date says Late March and I live 2,000 miles away from the factory... I'm betting that I won't see my car till April. I wonder if Tesla is selecting cars for production based on their ability to be delivered in March so they can show up on Q1 results.

I'm not so sure about the end of quarter theory. If they can't deliver a car by the end of March, what other option do they have than schedule a car they can deliver? Otherwise the production line would have a hole it in wouldn't it?
Theories based on scheduling higher profit cars before the quarter end would seem to make more sense.

This morning MY TESLA still read In Production, then I called My DES and he advised that My Model S was at the end of the line. Later on this afternoon after a couple of refreshes MY TESLA read:
Production Complete
Your Model S is in transit from the factory.
:biggrin:

I called My DES and he said he will login later today and check whether My Model S is really in transit to the service center. I'll get an update from him tomorrow. It's looking really good right now, looks like I am actually going to take delivery in March :smile:

My DES got back to Me and advised that it shows as ready for transport not in transport. He thinks we should see movement soon and he will be checking again tomorrow.:smile:

mine changed to "in production" on March 9th, then changed to "production complete" and in transit on March 12th.

haven't gotten a call or email from my DES during all of this.

eddie, I would give your DES a call and politely ask him/her any questions you have. My understanding is that the DES is there to assist you through the delivery of your Model S. They have a lot of work with all the orders coming through and especially now that we are close to the end of another quarter, but if you are polite and courteous, as I am sure you are then your DES should be able to get you more detailed information on the status of your Model S. Good Luck and I look forward to seeing your pics. :smile:

Good day,

Mine says in Transit from Fremont factory. I called my Dealer, however I was not contacted to confirm any estimated ETA.
As far as i know, my car could be sitting in the factory's parking lot. yet ready to shipping.
pretty exited.

My VIN just changed on my dashboard. Has anybody ever seen that?

My VIN also changed yesterday. It had been originally assigned in January. Change was to last 6 characters, the "P" for production is now a 0 and the original 5 digit sequence changed too (higher number now). Dashboard still shows late-march delivery though. Maybe Tesla changing format in anticipation of more than 100,000 vehicles per model year?

My final paper for payment just came in yesterday and my delivery date change from April to late March. The paper work says around March 30th delivery date.
I don't see that it has gone into production yet and no vin change. Can they really start production and get my car delivered before the end of the month?

On mobile, so I can't get to the Google sheet for a while. My vin yesterday changed from:

5YJSA1H2XFFP78830
to:
5YJSA1H2XFF080835

according to the decoding chart on TMC, looks like I got bumped back in production and move to the Palo Alto factory.

Last edited:
On mobile, so I can't get to the Google sheet for a while. My vin yesterday changed from:

5YJSA1H2XFFP78830
to:
5YJSA1H2XFF080835

according to the decoding chart on TMC, looks like I got bumped back in production and move to the Palo Alto factory.

There is no Palo Alto factory anymore.

You've still got a Fremont plant code (that's what the last F is in both VINs). Looks like they've stopped using the phase codes (P was for production) and have adjusted VINs to allow for more than 100k cars.

Though I find it really strange that they changed your serial entirely.

Lastly this likely doesn't mean they moved you in production. Cars aren't made in serial number order.