Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- - - Updated - - -

I thought I would start a thread where we could track P85D deliveries, reminiscent of the 2012/13 delivery threads.

** EDIT on 10/24:

I've created a google docs spreadsheet where we can track this.

Ordered: 10/9/2014
Confirmed: 10/9/2014
Re-Confirmed: 10/24/2014
Estimated delivery: December
Scheduled delivery date: 12/18
Actual delivery date: -
Delivery location: Rockville, MD
Color: Red
Wheels: 19" base (already have TST 19's)
Interior: Tan, Obeche matte, black headliner
Options: All but 3rd row
Trading up from: 2013 P85+

Would you mind to add a column for the VIN year, maybe changes like heated steering wheel will only be available with a 2015 VIN?

Last edited:
EFP or FFP?
2014 or 2015 VIN?

Just got my VIN during the night as well and to my surprise it's a 2014 VIN. So they are going to be building P85Ds like crazy. Estimated delivery still at March 2015...

Tesla P85D VIN.jpg

I just noticed that my VIN has changed! I used to have a 2014 VIN (EFP67213), but now it's 2015 (FFP67213). Estimated delivery late February here in Sweden, and I do have the cold weather package so hopefully I'll get the heated steering wheel.

Cool, indeed also checked after reading your post, I also got a change of the VIN towards 2015 VIN, let's hope for the heated steering wheel ...

Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 10.40.58.png

The My Tesla page for my car has now returned to "Late January" delivery as it originally appeared. It has moved to February when seatgate was going on. Once production issues were resolved and cars were shipping, I asked Tesla to move me back to Jan and they obliged.
Thank You Tesla

When did You make your Reservation ?
a couple of hours after the design studio had norwegian prices on the morning og october 10th.

The VIN has another change in addition to the E=2014 changing to F=2015. The X before F for 2015 used to be a 1. According to vindecoderz.com that is a "Check"-value whatever that means. At least it is now X and used to be 1. According to teslarati that digit is only for algorithms to be able to verify the validity of the VIN.

I'm at the Rockville, MD Tesla Service Center and there is a P85D here... apparently recently off a truck. The rear seats do not look like the new ones, but the option is for the Recaro Seats, Black Extended Nappa. VIN is P624xx, Grey with black wheels. Says manufactured 11/2014.

Ok, I was wrong. There isn't one P85D here in Rockville, there are three.

P624xx, Silver, with 21" grey wheels
P623xx, Silver, with 21" silver wheels
P623xx, Grey, with 21" grey wheels

All have Recaro seat options, all appear to have it in the front, but seem to have the newer higher headrest but not-Recaro rear seats.

There is a S85 marked as a marketing car here, but these 3 do not have that same marking.

Attachments

• P85D-0.png
    P85D-0.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 697
  • P85D-1.png
    P85D-1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 688
Last edited:
My guess from the SS is that they're trying to group the deliveries together based on delivery location. For example, a lot of the Florida deliveries (including my own) got the same Dec. 27th estimated delivery date. I see a few Fremont ones grouped together. I see a few Toronto ones grouped together. Ordered on different dates, yet still delivering around the same time. So it's probably random in terms of which location gets it first. But I can see that there's some grouping going on.

+1 on this theory @regoapps. We have a thought that this might be happening for Austin SC deliveries.

Ok, I was wrong. There isn't one P85D here in Rockville, there are three.

P624xx, Silver, with 21" grey wheels
P623xx, Silver, with 21" silver wheels
P623xx, Grey, with 21" grey wheels

All have Recaro seat options, all appear to have it in the front, but seem to have the newer higher headrest but not-Recaro rear seats.

There is a S85 marked as a marketing car here, but these 3 do not have that same marking.

All black interiors? Interesting that two are silver. That's the least common color on our spreadsheet.