Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry. I don't think paying in full makes a difference. If you pay in part with financing funds aren't realed to Tesla until the contract is complete. If you paid cash they are escrowed until the car is delivered and transaction compete. Either way, Tesla dies not receive partial funds and book the transaction until deluvery.

Hi,

I've been lurking for a while now, but finally got something to post.

I just saw a silver P85D with the spoiler right by the Westlake seattle gallery. My first D sighting.

If that was you down by the tesla gallery in Seattle (Westlake) at about 11:03AM Pacific time on 12/21/14, Hi!

I am certain that they are sourcing the NG seats as fast as possible, so your order cancellation and encouraging others to do the same is not going to make them materialize any faster.

I don't believe there is any proof that they are cutting corners. The issues in 2012 were an immature product and production process. I have VIN 00463 delivered 4Q12 and Tesla went out of their way to make everything right, including making upgrades to things like ill-fitting trim that I didn't request. My service experience has been exemplary, in Menlo Park, Fremont and Sunnyvale. As good or better than on the 9 BMWs I've owned previously. But you are certainly entitled to your differing opinion.

Wow, thank you for decreeing that I'm entitled to my own differing opinion! King Dennis has spoken! My service experience at Menlo Park and Palo Alto has not been exemplary--it has been poor. Having to return multiple times for the same issues when they forget to fix them is not exemplary. Leaving your car for 2 weeks and then returning to find out the service was not completed is not exemplary. Being told we'll get Tesla loaners and can even buy the loaner if we like it better, and then replacing that with Enterprise rental cars is not exemplary. Seeing new cars delivered with carbon fiber spoilers and cargo covers when you took delivery 6 months earlier and still haven't received yours is not exemplary. The reality is there are just too many Tesla's needing service from Palo Alto, and they can't handle the load effectively. I am sure that locations in other cities with a fraction of the cars are doing a fine job.

my service experience with Tesla is way above what I've experienced with BMW, Mercedes and Audi..... I would take the P85D over any BMW or Audi even with no seats at all...

I asked Tesla to provide the next gen seats free of charge due to the hassles I've faced with the delivery of my P85 and P85D and they declined. So I've cancelled my order. Don't let Tesla cram an incomplete car down your throat. Tell them you don't want it until the seats are ready. If enough people do this, those seats will get done in a hurry. I don't have time to waste making up for Tesla's mistakes. Every visit to the dealer wastes 2 hours and I've probably been in 15 times in my 2 years. As much as it saddens me to not have the P85D, at least I can buy a BMW or Audi that has decent build quality and a service operation that doesn't completely suck. And you can bet they are cutting quality corners cranking these out before the end of the year. Just like 2012.

Wow, thank you for decreeing that I'm entitled to my own differing opinion! King Dennis has spoken! My service experience at Menlo Park and Palo Alto has not been exemplary--it has been poor. Having to return multiple times for the same issues when they forget to fix them is not exemplary. Leaving your car for 2 weeks and then returning to find out the service was not completed is not exemplary. Being told we'll get Tesla loaners and can even buy the loaner if we like it better, and then replacing that with Enterprise rental cars is not exemplary. Seeing new cars delivered with carbon fiber spoilers and cargo covers when you took delivery 6 months earlier and still haven't received yours is not exemplary. The reality is there are just too many Tesla's needing service from Palo Alto, and they can't handle the load effectively. I am sure that locations in other cities with a fraction of the cars are doing a fine job.

I'm sorry you have had a bad experience.
Your sarcasm is not needed.
I am guessing you have, however, I just want to make sure you have notified Tesla corporate of this.
Best way to fix it, or prevent it from spreading if they haven't addressed it locally.

I was downtown on Thursday with my New P85D. DS told me it was one of four in Seattle. But mines black. Hi!

Hi,

I've been lurking for a while now, but finally got something to post.

I just saw a silver P85D with the spoiler right by the Westlake seattle gallery. My first D sighting.

If that was you down by the tesla gallery in Seattle (Westlake) at about 11:03AM Pacific time on 12/21/14, Hi!

3,000 posts on this thread and we are now seeing lots of noted deliveries with VERY few pics....and it keeps getting off track with individual rants etc. My hope is we see more delivery news soon - I waded through all of the "other" parts of this thread to get to the actual 'delivery' part - come on people, show your stuff!

I'll ignore your snark and make a constructive suggestion. If you don't like the service in Palo Alto because it is too crowded and there are no loaners, get your Tesla serviced in Sunnyvale. In my experience they always have loaners, are not super busy, and will even pick up and deliver your car if you don't want to take the time to drive the 10 miles from Palo Alto.

My DS set my appointment for delivery in Decatur GA, 24th. My DS is going to pick me up ATL get me checked out on the car and off to Florida I go thanks to the new Greenville SC. If all works it will be like... SanTelsla Claus.
"Ill be home for Christmas"

I've had dealers (non Tesla) pick me up at the airport before. In one case it was the sales person. In another case they sent a porter with the courtesy van.

Have had this happen in Australia too. I flew to Melbourne to pick up a car which I was gonna drive back to Canberra.

I got a cab to the dealer and they paid for it. Hehe.

I've had Tesla valet my cars at Costa Mesa service center in So Cal, I've always got "luxury rentals", never a Tesla loaner.

Can't wait for my p85d haha

Talking about customer service, on my last test drive of the P85D, I left my DSLR in the car and the owner advisor met me about 40 minutes away from the service center and brought the camera. I was pleasantly surprised they offered to bring it over, even after I said I would go and grab it later.