Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. Chicago Auto Pro's. I'm doing a full writeup and review on it and will post on here in about a week. The clear bra has to cure. I have partial xpel on my g37 and jx35. I went full body cause I dont want to ahve to deal with swirl marks ever.
Chicago Auto Pros |
I'm getting the full body xpel and opti coat on top of it. They are also doing opti coat on the rims, puting opt leather and glass on as well. They are tinting all the windows 35 percent and its cereamic so the rear should be good for kids and keeping solar heat out of their face. All done in the shop. Jason Otterness is the contact there you want to talk to. He's getting swamped with Tesla's Mine is his first p85d and he's got 3 more in the coming week.

Thanks for the response. Got my P85 opti coated and tinted by those guys - Jason and Greg. They didn't do full body xpel back then so will have to keep that in mind for next time. Guess they'll be taking apart all the panels to get the seamless look, right? Good luck with the car!

My Tesla website is still showing December Delivery. Starting to hope they don't mean next December? ;)

I suggest that a polite email to Jerome Guillen is now in order. I did that on Wednesday morning and he replied within half an hour and promised an investigation and reply within the day. Got a call from the North American Delivery manager and delivery was promised soon and the next day my Tesla website was updated.

It's here!!! Delivery was smooth...no frills, bows, etc. There were some small scratches on the nose cone (barely noticeable) and they replaced nose cone. Car was painfully dropped off at detailer for Opticoat/Xpel.
IMG950818.jpg

It's here!!! Delivery was smooth...no frills, bows, etc. There were some small scratches on the nose cone (barely noticeable) and they replaced nose cone. Car was painfully dropped off at detailer for Opticoat/Xpel. View attachment 68876

Who's car is this, his or hers? Mastaace, if you are the "he", by "her" expression that car won't be yours for long. :biggrin:

So did you get the red scarves with your car?

Yep. Chicago Auto Pro's. I'm doing a full writeup and review on it and will post on here in about a week. The clear bra has to cure. I have partial xpel on my g37 and jx35. I went full body cause I dont want to ahve to deal with swirl marks ever.
Chicago Auto Pros |
I'm getting the full body xpel and opti coat on top of it. They are also doing opti coat on the rims, puting opt leather and glass on as well. They are tinting all the windows 35 percent and its cereamic so the rear should be good for kids and keeping solar heat out of their face. All done in the shop. Jason Otterness is the contact there you want to talk to. He's getting swamped with Tesla's Mine is his first p85d and he's got 3 more in the coming week.

It's here!!! Delivery was smooth...no frills, bows, etc. There were some small scratches on the nose cone (barely noticeable) and they replaced nose cone. Car was painfully dropped off at detailer for Opticoat/Xpel. View attachment 68876
Very nice and nice tesla shirt - in wearing exactly the same one as I type this.

- - - Updated - - -

My new, reordered P85D just went into production today. Still exciting third time around. I was surprised that it would start on a Saturday but I was still checking my dashboard.

We did get two Tesla scarves with delivery. Update to 6.1 is available to download though I did not download it as the car went straight to the detailer. The 30 miles I did drive were amazing. I did not do any launches as the roads were not great (in Chicago) and I did not want salt and rocks damaging the car prior to the Xpel application.
IMG950826.jpg
IMG959349.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Who's car is this, his or hers? Mastaace, if you are the "he", by "her" expression that car won't be yours for long. :biggrin:

LOL...the car is technically mine and I (the he) will be doing 99.9% of the driving. I am sure that will change soon and maybe I'll get the green light for the P120D next year ;)

We did get two Tesla scarves with delivery. Update to 6.1 is available to download though I did not download it as the car went straight to the detailer. The 30 miles I did drive were amazing. I did not do any launches as the roads were not great (in Chicago) and I did not want salt and rocks damaging the car prior to the Xpel application. View attachment 68878

- - - Updated - - -

LOL...the car is technically mine and I (the he) will be doing 99.9% of the driving. I am sure that will change soon and maybe I'll get the green light for the P120D next year ;)

See you are from Madison? Where did you pick it up from? And, who are you getting the XPel done from? Whole car or only hood, etc? Nice car btw!

Hey! Congrats!! That's awesome! If you close your eyes you can imagine them fitting the heated steering wheel and next gen seats. :)

Thanks.
Not holding my breath! It definitely feels like a dice roll at this point.
Part of me was hoping the build would slip long enough that the heated steering would become and advertised feature; however, my patience is exhausted - I want my model S back!

other people have commented on having relatively uncommon color combinations etc. I just made a copy of the spreadsheet to mess around with and by filtering I see that there is only one other person in the spreadsheet who has the same color combination (including 21" grey wheels) as me: JBrown4390. If I include all wheel types there are still only four of us. If I include all headliners (but only 21" grey wheels) still only four. Even just looking at the exterior there are only 11 of us with blue and grey 21" wheels out of over 250 entries. It doesn't seem like a lot of options but apparently there are still enough permutations to make for some unique cars.

other people have commented on having relatively uncommon color combinations etc. I just made a copy of the spreadsheet to mess around with and by filtering I see that there is only one other person in the spreadsheet who has the same color combination (including 21" grey wheels) as me: JBrown4390. If I include all wheel types there are still only four of us. If I include all headliners (but only 21" grey wheels) still only four. Even just looking at the exterior there are only 11 of us with blue and grey 21" wheels out of over 250 entries. It doesn't seem like a lot of options but apparently there are still enough permutations to make for some unique cars.

McMuggets is getting a metallic blue P85D but I think he's get int the 19" wheels. Either way there will be at least two blue P85D's in Calgary.