Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks all. I did call HQ 2 days ago so that may have had something to do with it? Glad to have it headed in the right direction... :) Will ask the SC to ensure Firmware 6.1 is installed.

Out of curiosity, (hopefully I won't need this anymore) what does calling "HQ" mean? I think most of us have either been talking to a DS or in some cases emailing Jerome directly which is probably a bit extreme but has in fact been effective for most people. If HQ provides more information than a DS but is more appropriate than going straight to Jerome, perhaps more people should try that.

I was quite for a long time as there was so much "crap" going on with my P85D order that I said I will only post once I SIT in the car. Well yesterday it finally happened ! Had to say good bye to my good old P85 VIN 6556. As a nice surprise my car came with NG seats front and back.

Observations :

1.) Acceleration

Could only do it 3 times. After this I felt sick and was afraid I might throw up. Performance above 60 is disappointing though, did not feel a difference to the P85 ! KW stays way below 480 even with a almost full charge. Maybe this gets improved with the next big update.

2.) Noise

MUCH quieter road and wind noise. Front motor much less noise than expected reading other posts. It is noticeable but I love it as it really has a spaceship sound.

3.) Build quality

BIG Improvements. Everything fits now very well and car feels much stiffer with no creak or other type of noises.

4.) Interior

NG seats are awesome, I am glad that I have it in the back too. Was afraid on getting "due bill items" as with Tesla this usually takes forever ! LOVE the black alcantra and are very happy with my only change to the prior car, gloss wood instead of carbon. Looks very classy with the all black interior.

5.) Handling

AWESOME, big improvement over the P85. Ride is a little harsher than the P85 but better than I expected. It's still more comfortable than my A5 I had.

6.) UI

Disappointed that it did not come with 6.1 ! I WANT TACC !!! Did you all get 6.1 over the air or is there anyone who got it with the car or installed at the SC ?

Overall, I think the P85D is very very close to the perfect/best car in the world. VERY VERY happy.

Some pics:

(first pic new in front old car in back)

IMG_0326.JPG
IMG_0328.JPG
IMG_0329.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0336.JPG

Anyone else been on the new Tesla website lately (Canadian version)? If you try to "build" a new Model S order and select "Next Gen Seats" .... you will notice that the back seats are NO LONGER turning next-gen in the image. Only the front seats are. Perhaps this has something to do with supply constraints. Something to think about when you are getting your P85D with Next-gen seats ordered.... make sure you tell them you ordered when the back seats were also next-gen. I am sure they will honour all orders made before the website changed a few days ago.

For those who haven't ordered yet, sorry but your back seats don't look like they'll be going next-gen style for now. You can always get the "executive seats upgrade" though.

I was quite for a long time as there was so much "crap" going on with my P85D order that I said I will only post once I SIT in the car. Well yesterday it finally happened ! Had to say good bye to my good old P85 VIN 6556. As a nice surprise my car came with NG seats front and back.

Observations :

1.) Acceleration

Could only do it 3 times. After this I felt sick and was afraid I might throw up. ....

I'm thinking that the Tesla Accessories should start selling Tesla logo barf bags. Could hand them out to passengers at the beginning of the drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else been on the new Tesla website lately (Canadian version)? If you try to "build" a new Model S order and select "Next Gen Seats" .... you will notice that the back seats are NO LONGER turning next-gen in the image. Only the front seats are. Perhaps this has something to do with supply constraints. Something to think about when you are getting your P85D with Next-gen seats ordered.... make sure you tell them you ordered when the back seats were also next-gen. I am sure they will honour all orders made before the website changed a few days ago.

For those who haven't ordered yet, sorry but your back seats don't look like they'll be going next-gen style for now. You can always get the "executive seats upgrade" though.
It will be interesting to see if the price changes.

Out of curiosity, (hopefully I won't need this anymore) what does calling "HQ" mean? I think most of us have either been talking to a DS or in some cases emailing Jerome directly which is probably a bit extreme but has in fact been effective for most people. If HQ provides more information than a DS but is more appropriate than going straight to Jerome, perhaps more people should try that.
I called the number on the Tesla website - not really helpful as they referred me back to the DS but they did magically get my car on a truck the next day, sooooo...?

- - - Updated - - -

I spoke to them today about this as I was fuming that they made the change without notifying me. They said I can/will still get next-gen rear seats when available and that they are giving people the option as the premium seats fold flatter than the next-gen. I opted for the next gen rear. Not sure about future orders. Also the executive seats can not be retrofitted unfortunately.
SC will update the firmware during the PDI as well.

- - - Updated - - -

It will be interesting to see if the price changes.
Yes, and I thought it had but there was a $1,000 price drop on the premium interior (I thought it was for the revised seating).

Same update from MyTesla as other EU orders for the P85D: jumped from late March to late February early this week, VIN 67685, delivery Paris France.
My main concern is Sales folks here still haven't come up with a CPO (Certified Pre Owned) offer yet for my S85.
Been asking for a quote since early November, I sense troubles ahead (after cancelling my #2240 Model X pre-order due to Falcon Wings incompatibilty with underground parking in Paris <1.90m max).
Oh well, time will tell but bad vibes with Sales here...