Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image1.JPG

Interestingly my Dashboard now pretends that the car is waiting for production and that I haven't paid, yet. With the same VIN.
And the Tesla app on the phone says there are "No Vehicles Linked to This My Tesla Account".
My DES claims that it takes 24 hours for that to work (is that what others experienced as well?), but it's been more than 36 hours since I took possession and I still get the same error.
Other issues include TACC no working at all on one trip Saturday morning (just got a yellow error "Cruise Control not available"). But then it worked on the next trip.
And my mirrors aren't folding in when I lock the car, even though that option is set. This worked the first evening I had the car (I showed it to my kids), but then stopped working on Saturday.
The car is on .179

And the Tesla app on the phone says there are "No Vehicles Linked to This My Tesla Account".
My DES claims that it takes 24 hours for that to work (is that what others experienced as well?), but it's been more than 36 hours since I took possession and I still get the same error.
Other issues include TACC no working at all on one trip Saturday morning (just got a yellow error "Cruise Control not available"). But then it worked on the next trip.
And my mirrors aren't folding in when I lock the car, even though that option is set. This worked the first evening I had the car (I showed it to my kids), but then stopped working on Saturday.
The car is on .179

In my case it took more like 72 hours before I could get the phone app to connect. Don't know if this is because my sold Model S was still linked.

I suggest rebooting both center display and instrument panel and then resetting the mirror option. This often works to clear minor glitches.

In my case it took more like 72 hours before I could get the phone app to connect. Don't know if this is because my sold Model S was still linked.
Thanks for the data point. My S60 disappeared from my account about a week ago.
I suggest rebooting both center display and instrument panel and then resetting the mirror option. This often works to clear minor glitches.
Yeah, that's on my list of things to try today.

My first car it happened within a few hours. This one took a few more since they were having Internet issues at the service center and I accepted delivery on paper instead of just hitting the Accept Delivery on the iPad. But both were certainly same day. But they also said 24 hours when I picked up both times. If you're past 24 hours call and complain. Someone probably missed a step on your delivery.

The car is on .179

Good looking car! I'm sure you're happy to finally have it!

My app actually worked immediately. But my car was delivered on a trailer, on a weekday, and was originally supposed to be delivered several days earlier, so those things could have been factors.

As for the TACC, you may have read about this, but in case you haven't, you do know that seat belts are an issue with TACC, right? The driver's seat belt definitely has to be fastened for TACC to function,and it's possible that a front seat passenger's seat belt may also have to be fastened, so if by some chance one wasn't on one of your trips, perhaps that came into play somehow, even if it was just that you started the car first, and then buckled up later or something.

The only thing I can offer on the mirrors is the possibility that they are tied to a driver profile, and you have a different driver profile set? I don't even know if automatic folding mirrors is tied to the driver profiles. I'm just throwing out an idea, for what it's worth. It may be worth absolutely nothing.

My first car it happened within a few hours. This one took a few more since they were having Internet issues at the service center and I accepted delivery on paper instead of just hitting the Accept Delivery on the iPad. But both were certainly same day. But they also said 24 hours when I picked up both times. If you're past 24 hours call and complain. Someone probably missed a step on your delivery.
Yeah, the delivery was pretty messed up. I ended up hitting "accept" at home on my own computer.
It's Sunday - this is not something I need to call the service center on a Sunday about. I keep trying to maintain this aura of "Dirk is somewhat vaguely reasonable, most of the time". It's hard and I often fail... :)
But if this still doesn't work tomorrow I'll add it to my list of "oh btw, could you please fix that". Together with the rock chip in the paint of the car and everything else.

After all the anticipation and excitement I'll admit that the delivery of the car was a disappointment. The car, however, is not :)

Good looking car! I'm sure you're happy to finally have it!
Thanks and most definitely :)
My app actually worked immediately. But my car was delivered on a trailer, on a weekday, and was originally supposed to be delivered several days earlier, so those things could have been factors.
Possibly. Right now it's just one of many small things that bug me.
As for the TACC, you may have read about this, but in case you haven't, you do know that seat belts are an issue with TACC, right? The driver's seat belt definitely has to be fastened for TACC to function,and it's possible that a front seat passenger's seat belt may also have to be fastened, so if by some chance one wasn't on one of your trips, perhaps that came into play somehow, even if it was just that you started the car first, and then buckled up later or something.
I/we always wear seatbelts. It's one of the rules in my house. No one is in a moving car without the seatbelt on...
The only thing I can offer on the mirrors is the possibility that they are tied to a driver profile, and you have a different driver profile set? I don't even know if automatic folding mirrors is tied to the driver profiles. I'm just throwing out an idea, for what it's worth. It may be worth absolutely nothing.
I just checked. The option doesn't seem to be tied to a profile. I rebooted both displays. Still doesn't work. :-(

I/we always wear seatbelts. It's one of the rules in my house. No one is in a moving car without the seatbelt on...

I figured that was probably the case. I just thought if you didn't know about that particular issue with TACC it still might have been related.

I know when I first got the car there were times when I got it in it with no intention of going anywhere, just to play around with stuff. If twenty minutes later my wife came out and we were going to go somewhere, of course I'd put on my seatbelt, but I have no idea how that might have affected TACC's ability to function if the car had been on for twenty minutes with me in the driver's seat that entire time with no seatbelt on. (TACC didn't exist yet, and that situation is mainly hypothetical anyway, just to illustrate the example.)

Let's just hope your TACC keeps working!

Edit: Thinking more about this, I'm not sure I've ever actually sat in the driver's seat without the seatbelt on and the car on. If in the above scenario the car would be issuing some sort of alarm, then I haven't, because I've never heard an alarm that I've ignored. So perhaps buckling up is so ingrained I do it even if I'm not planning on going anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked. The option doesn't seem to be tied to a profile. I rebooted both displays. Still doesn't work. :-(

Using the button to manually fold the mirrors works fine?

I thought about this some more and am now rather convinced that the fact that my Dashboard is showing "Order Confirmed Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California." is closely related to the phone app not working. "My Tesla" doesn't think that I have the car, yet. So I don't get data for it. :-(

I thought about this some more and am now rather convinced that the fact that my Dashboard is showing "Order Confirmed Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California." is closely related to the phone app not working. "My Tesla" doesn't think that I have the car, yet. So I don't get data for it. :-(

Just call the service 800 number and hopefully someone there will get you taken care of. I don't know why you think this is something you should just wait around for until Monday. Fixing this sort of stuff is a matter of someone spending 5 minutes to flip a bit in a computer. Tesla has people that work on the weekends, take advantage of that and get it fixed.

Just call the service 800 number and hopefully someone there will get you taken care of. I don't know why you think this is something you should just wait around for until Monday. Fixing this sort of stuff is a matter of someone spending 5 minutes to flip a bit in a computer. Tesla has people that work on the weekends, take advantage of that and get it fixed.

Maybe I'm just too nice?

In the meantime I'm enjoying other perks of owning a Tesla...
87f06306c7cd0d016ae6fbf357bc007f.jpg

People --HAVE-- said that already. I'm not going to go looking for the post, because it's not worth it, but I definitely remember someone making a comment along those lines at some point. (Or perhaps you know that, and were actually referring to it!)

Yup I knew that. I'm poking fun at the whole thought that the pano roof makes the paint/headliner more expensive compared to what you get.