Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's ridiculous about the check. Did they fix the streaming issue?
Streaming is still broken. Last I heard is that Tesla claims it's an issue with the phone. Which would be "with the two phones" and would be a lot more credible if those phones didn't stream perfectly fine in both the Leaf and the Sienna (and did so in my S60).

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome! My estimated delivery date also ended up changing to late March, so things are looking good. I'll probably be hitting production any day next week! Can't wait.
Excellent. You'll love the car. It's an amazing machine. It's interesting to see that once again they are aggressively pulling in high sales price cars to push ASP and margin... It's a silly game, but good for you :)

Streaming is still broken. Last I heard is that Tesla claims it's an issue with the phone. Which would be "with the two phones" and would be a lot more credible if those phones didn't stream perfectly fine in both the Leaf and the Sienna (and did so in my S60).

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent. You'll love the car. It's an amazing machine. It's interesting to see that once again they are aggressively pulling in high sales price cars to push ASP and margin... It's a silly game, but good for you :)

Thanks! Yup, we happened to buy the right car at the right time and get preference for it! But hey, if it helps increase their stock price, it's a double win for me. Lol

Hope you've had more time to enjoy your car too!

Just got email notifying me car hit production and check my Tesla page and shows the same. Ordered on 2/14/15 and confirmed on 2/15/15.

You are getting way more updates than me on the status of your car. I was lucky enough to be online and saw The only way i can find out where my car is via the my tesla on teslamotors.com
My car is still on transit from the factory to Vancouver. We have been promised a service center in Calgary for years and still nothing. TESLA moves at a plate tectonic base when it comes to delivering promises. Because of the lack of service center, all tesla purchased or service (major) has to be transported to the nearest SC which add almost 2-4days being away from your car.

You are getting way more updates than me on the status of your car. I was lucky enough to be online and saw The only way i can find out where my car is via the my tesla on teslamotors.com
My car is still on transit from the factory to Vancouver. We have been promised a service center in Calgary for years and still nothing. TESLA moves at a plate tectonic base when it comes to delivering promises. Because of the lack of service center, all tesla purchased or service (major) has to be transported to the nearest SC which add almost 2-4days being away from your car.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get your car soon. I know sales is important but seems like the people after post order don't really care of customer service.

My DS and finance guy has not been very responsive. I have sent emails and takes days to respond. I even emailed Jerome and he replied saying he will look into it and next day I got a reply early morning from both my DS and finance guy. The car is impressive but the customer service that I have experienced is sub-par.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get your car soon. I know sales is important but seems like the people after post order don't really care of customer service.

My DS and finance guy has not been very responsive. I have sent emails and takes days to respond. I even emailed Jerome and he replied saying he will look into it and next day I got a reply early morning from both my DS and finance guy. The car is impressive but the customer service that I have experienced is sub-par.

I agree... This is my Second TESLA. It's funny how they promise the world when they sell you the car, after the sale is done.. you don't hear from them. Being far away from the SC and Sales center, after selling my P85 i bought a P85D sight unseen and without driving one. I am a little nervous! I am not too sure if i'll like the color and now there are talks about new colors!

I only bought because of the comments i have been reading to current owners. Yet, i have been quite pleased with the Car (p85) and every time I had something done on it (previous), they looked after me very well. It's just the after sale service is not that good. Don't get me wrong, The service center in Vancouver is excellent, that is predominantly why i bought another TESLA. Dealing with other brands after owning a TESLA, you'll have to hold your gag reflex. If TESLA is reading my Comment. Big shout out for Vancouver TESLA.

Tesla just called me yesterday. My delivery-date in Switzerland is set by 31 March.. they will have open till 24.00 on that day for sure to deliver what they can. Still it is not clear if my car is going to make it by the 31st as it is still in transition... lets hope for the best

anyone else in Switzerland getting it by then?

I was in the backlog of transportation when they started shipping the Ds from Freemont. It took them a MONTH to get my car from Freemont to Vancouver - then another 2 weeks from Vancouver to home. That was a painful wait... but as others pointed out to me at the time - I can barely remember the pain with all the joy I'm feeling now. Such a fun car to own.

Just spoke to my DS. He said 1/2 way through production and he said it might make it for Saturday delivery. Base on what he's telling me it will take 3 days for production. Production started yesterday and will finish tomorrow (if we are 1/2 way now) and truck down on Friday? Hard to imagine but if I can take delivery this Saturday it will be great. I thought paint process along take like 2 days. The wait is killing me.

Quick update.
Got my car last Friday. Awesome, amazing, wonderful.
Rock chip in front skirt, apparently from transport on the truck. When my DES sent me a picture of the car arriving I could see that some cars on the truck had white foil covering their front and lower parts, mine didn't for some reason.
The driver door closes only about half of the time with "regular" force, the other half of the time I end up having to open it again and close it with more force. Same happens to other drivers (including the driver from the SC who swapped it for the loaner I'm driving now)
TACC failed completely on Saturday morning and then did a harsh breaking maneuver with nothing in front of me.
Streaming music via Bluetooth from an iPhone 6plus randomly fails after a few songs.
So after 2.5 days with the car the SC swapped it for a loaner P85. At this point I've spent about the same amount of time with the car as without the car.
Thrilled that they are trying to make it perfect (including, apparently, a recalibration of the radar/camera subsystem for TACC) - but disappointed that I don't get to drive my car...

So I was having this blue tooth issue in my P85 and also in my P85D after I upgraded last weekend (great decision by the way).

I think it is an Apple problem. I went to the apple store and spoke with a genius and he had me reset network connections in the settings app. Of course, this is annoying because you will lose all of your iphone stored wifi passwords from work, home, etc. However, it seemed to work! I haven't had streaming issues since. I use rhapsody daily to stream music to my Model S so I am very happy it appears to be fixed.

Try this and good luck!

So I was having this blue tooth issue in my P85 and also in my P85D after I upgraded last weekend (great decision by the way).

I think it is an Apple problem. I went to the apple store and spoke with a genius and he had me reset network connections in the settings app. Of course, this is annoying because you will lose all of your iphone stored wifi passwords from work, home, etc. However, it seemed to work! I haven't had streaming issues since. I use rhapsody daily to stream music to my Model S so I am very happy it appears to be fixed.

Try this and good luck!
Interesting. I'll try. My iPhone 6 plus is only a few weeks old, so I'm surprised a reset would be necessary, but on the flip side I don't have THAT many networks stored, so it won't be a huge deal for me.
Thanks

Just spoke to my DS. He said 1/2 way through production and he said it might make it for Saturday delivery. Base on what he's telling me it will take 3 days for production. Production started yesterday and will finish tomorrow (if we are 1/2 way now) and truck down on Friday? Hard to imagine but if I can take delivery this Saturday it will be great. I thought paint process along take like 2 days. The wait is killing me.

Having just returned from a factory tour; I can confirm it takes a good 5 days to complete a Model S. What I don't know is how precise the "My Tesla" status notices are (i.e. could there be a lag between start of actual production and the website notification that your car has started production). In any case; congratulations on your upcoming delivery! My P85D finished production last Thursday and I'm scheduled to take delivery (in Atlanta) on the 28th.

Just called the SC. Didn't talk to my DS but spoke to another DS. Asked if my car is out of production yet and he said it's just over 1/2 way done. I don't under my DS and why he's telling me it was 1/2 day done on 3/18. Why give us false hope? This whole post order process leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If this wasn't such a great car I would have canceled it already. Hopefully I can pick up next weekend.

After numerous refreshes, today for the first time looks like a VIN has been assigned:
82***
This must be a good thing and one step closer !

Hi:
I am new to the forums - had been busy with the forums on the Tesla website then found this :)
Ordered February23
Confirmed February 27
VIN ???

• 21" Grey Turbine Wheels
  • Black Alcantara Headliner
  • Black Next Generation Seats
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Dual Chargers
  • Grey Metallic Paint
  • Panoramic Roof
  • Piano Black Décor
  • Premium Interior Package
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Subzero Weather Package
  • Supercharger Enabled
  • Tech Package with Autopilot
  • Tesla Red Brake Calipers
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  • Wall Connector

Hopefully I will receive my VIN soon. Getting excited !