Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you do the pick up at LAX / Centinela? How was your delivery experience? Any tips?

Everything went well. Staff were all friendly and nice. The delivery process too about an hour. I particually don't know the area that well so I turned the Nav on but it took a little getting used to and I was kind of lost for a bit cuz I wasn't paying attention to the Nav. Was enjoying my ride. There's another post that someone warned about the driveway out of the parking lot but I didn't think it wasn't too bad.

@nico1199 I requested intentionally a May delivery date. I wanted the snow all gone, streets clean, and potholes initially filled :) It has always shown as "late May" since confirmation of my order, and hasn't changed although I recognize it could. I am actually wondering if it might come in early. When is yours?

good idea! good thing i dont know what snow is :tongue: my estimated delivery is late april but i have a feeling may might be more realistic...

I requested intentionally a May delivery date. I wanted the snow all gone, streets clean, and potholes initially filled
Meh. Trust me, you want the car. It does fine in the snow, on any type of street, and although potholes are no-ones friends, the tires are wide enough you stand a decent chance at not falling into most of them if you have any reaction time at all (which, if you are buying a P85D, I hope to the diety of your choice you do).

Today I finally move to being a real owner....six weeks and one day from the date I ordered and confirmed my P85D.

it has been a bumpy ride and I hope to be as thrilled as the rest of you once I have it in my hands. I placed my 2013 M5 in storage last night to ensure I worked myself through any initial growing pains like remembering to plug in my car at night. After a few months and at least one long road trip I will decide the BMW's fate.

Full respect to those who waited for years for their cars in the beginning of the Tesla journey. At six weeks I had reached my saturation point having lost interest in hearing about all the fun others were having.

Picked up my P85D in Geneva yesterday.... the 5 month long wait has finally been rewarded... what a car !!

The Tesla team did a terrific job, great walk-through. They are busy, 9 more P85D's in the shop being prepped for delivery. Will be great to see more Tesla's on the road.

Everything seems to work fine, car looks great, very happy with the configuration (red; pano roof; tan next gen seats; dark grey 21" wheels; alcantara; premium audio)...

I am a happy man !

My car just finished production and say in transit. I'm in Toronto so hoping it's late next week or early the next week.

It's been a long wait(4 months) for me but intention for April delivery.

Production started - March 23
Production complete and car in transit - March 26
Delivery date - unconfirmed

Hi...

TESLA Vancouver isn't too speedy on delivering my TESLA. I was promised that my car would leave Vancouver for Calgary early Thursday, Now I am told that my car won't leave until late evening. So much for Friday Delivery!!

I would like to know, Has anyone did get access to their TESLA the App working while in transport?
My car is all paid for and i asked to enable to app. I am told that they have to wait until it gets on the transport truck prior to enabling the feature.
Perhaps some people have in the past abused the remote access, however Why should i be punished for other people misbehaving poorly. I am not a child, Come on TESLA really. It's my car and it's paid for. Enable the app!

Last edited:
Hi...

TESLA Vancouver isn't too speedy on delivering my TESLA. I was promised that my car would leave Vancouver for Calgary early Thursday, Now I am told that my car won't leave until late evening. So much for Friday Delivery!!

I would like to know, Has anyone did get access to their TESLA the App working while in transport?
My car is all paid for and i asked to enable to app. I am told that they have to wait until it gets on the transport truck prior to enabling the feature.
Perhaps some people have in the past abused the remote access, however Why should i be punished for other people misbehaving poorly. I am not a child, Come on TESLA really. It's my car and it's paid for. Enable the app!

From what I read on the forum it takes about 48 hours. I took delivery on Tuesday and was able to get app working that same night. I think TESLA should have this feature work from the ordering process to track.

From what I read on the forum it takes about 48 hours. I took delivery on Tuesday and was able to get app working that same night. I think TESLA should have this feature work from the ordering process to track.

They enable the app, however they waited until it was loaded on truck for delivery to Calgary. They gave me the worst excuse why the mobile remote access wasn't enable, they say the shipping company does not want it enable for security reason. Total bs imo. This is my second tesla and it was enabled , furthermore, I had friends that had their car , recently, shipped back to Vancouver and they were able to track their car. I a pissed.

They enable the app, however they waited until it was loaded on truck for delivery to Calgary. They gave me the worst excuse why the mobile remote access wasn't enable, they say the shipping company does not want it enable for security reason. Total bs imo. This is my second tesla and it was enabled , furthermore, I had friends that had their car , recently, shipped back to Vancouver and they were able to track their car. I a pissed.

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't too happy with everything post order up to delivery. The delivery was great but in between that time needs a lot of improvements. Hope you get yours soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I picked up my P85D yesterday at the Factory and drove away around 3pm....app was working by 5pm. The gentleman that walked me though the delivery said they do a push update once per day and I should be active within 24 hours.

A lot of what I have read said like 48 hours before it starts to work but then my DS told me within 24 hours and I tried it several hours after I got the car and it worked.

Congrats on the delivery.