Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Chewy3

If MacGvyer had a beard
Apr 30, 2016
San Diego
After I dropped off my car on the 22nd @ 08:30 (by appointment for FSD computer) I got a text from Tesla stating

Thank you for dropping off your car. You can follow repair status, and check and pay your final invoice in the Tesla app. Reply "STOP" to stop updates. Msg & Data rates may apply.

Except the app is blanked out stating "in service" and doesn't tell me anything or let me do anything.

It's now going into day 3 for what should have only been a few hours. I called to ask about extending the expiration of the Uber credit (just expired) since I didn't get a rental. They put me on hold and hung up on me.

Anyone have luck following their service via the app?

After I dropped off my car on the 22nd @ 08:30 (by appointment for FSD computer) I got a text from Tesla stating

Except the app is blanked out stating "in service" and doesn't tell me anything or let me do anything.

It's now going into day 3 for what should have only been a few hours. I called to ask about extending the expiration of the Uber credit (just expired) since I didn't get a rental. They put me on hold and hung up on me.

Anyone have luck following their service via the app?

What a joke this company seems to be. Once the car is purchased we no longer matter. The fanboys will downvote this since they aren’t living in reality and/or have never tried to speak with someone at Tesla post-purchase.

Last edited:
That’s really screwed up they haven't communicated with you. You’re definitely more patient than I am. If it was me, I would’ve been at the SC after not hearing from them the first day especially for a job that’s supposed to take a few hours. As far as the app, you should be able to view those items you described within the app according to this article:
Tesla updates its app to include service trackers, alerts - Roadshow

So I called again, talked to the same guy (he answered the phone with a different name which was odd). He put me on the phone with my original advisor who said they had to do some repair to a trim piece they damaged, but hadn't had time to call and tell me.

I asked about status updates in the app and he seemed confused. He did say it should show estimated completion time. He tried pushing it through his end, and I restarted my app with no joy. Updated the expiration on my Uber credit for 1 more day

This morning it now shows 3pm estimated completion ‍♂️. ~53 hours later...